Picture not working

edited September 2018 in Bugs 0 LikesVote Down
Hi
I am having trouble uploading a picture this morning - have listed 140 or so- and not had this issue before
The listing in question https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/singapore-1948-5-vfu-sg15/21458939

I am uploading two images - one of the face and one of the rear
The face loads as normal - but the reverse has a "image not available" message - though when selected and I hover my mouse over this logo the reverse scan appears?

I have deleted and reloaded - but it remains just the same

Is this me? or do Hipstamp need to give the server a bash with a slege hammer and kick a few wheels please

David
https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-stamp-cave

PS Just listed more stamps - and they appear to be OK - so is it something to do with the scan itself ?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • try cropping the scan slightly. This works for me when this problem shows up.

John
  • edited September 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    NOW SORTED
    Re re-scanned both sides and uploaded again and it works - weird
    As this did not resolve it some 3 hours ago

Hi Liberty, tried that and others but not this time
    No idea what I did differently - perhaps the Hipstamp Gods were against me this morning - must remember to burn a few more treskilling yellows on the alter in future before listing again .. :smiley:

Any way Thank you for responding
  • When I have a scan that has not uploaded, I just change the size of the image in my image editor (Photoscape), and reload it. Works every time!
  • I just encountered the problem with the single image for a listing not showing up in the listing. The image size is identical to a handful of other listings I've made today using a template. The odd thing is this. If I scroll the cursor over the space where the image should appear, the enlarged image shows up nearby as I scroll.
  • Tom, read the response directly above yours. You'll have to do that.
  • Michael, I did read that response. I posted because there seems to be some sort of occasional problem with image uploads that may warrant attention by staff. In my situation, I was using a template for the listing where the image hasn't appeared. The template is a fixed size. Every other listing using that template was fine in the past and again yesterday. The file size for this listing was in the normal range for my listings and the pixel size was no different than the other uploads using that template.

I was using the "List Similar" option to upload this stamp. With this particular listing, there was some sort of hangup in the system when I clicked the "Delete and Select Images" button on the "Create Listing" page. The thumbnail that is normally displayed on that page didn't appear immediately. When the thumbnail image did show up, I completed the listing as usual. However, the image never appeared in the listing. It only appears when I pass the cursor over the space where the image should appear. So, obviously, the image has been uploaded. It is just not being displayed on the listing page. I made several attempts to edit the listing using the "Delete and Select Images" button, but they failed to fix the problem. Whenever I pass the cursor over that space on the listing page where the image should appear, the stamp image appears, as it should, next to the that space where the "Image not available" notice appears.

I can probably delete and relist this item to fix the problem, but thought staff may want to take a look before I do that.
  • edited November 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    Here is a link to a discussion of this problem that was affecting several people back in September 2017, including myself:

https://www.hipstamp.com/forums/discussion/comment/8164/#Comment_8164

Not sure if it was discussed earlier than that.

I noticed yesterday when adding new items to my store that the number of images that can now be included in a listing has been increased to 100. I'm not sure when this happened. If it was recently, maybe the programming change has a bug in it that is causing a resurgence of this problem for some?
  • I haven't contacted staff about this one, but wanted to leave the defective listing up in case they read this thread. I'm guessing it's easier for them to address an issue if my example is active.