HOW CAN I CHANGE MY USER NAME ??

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can't. You have to use your real name.
  • Is that semi-acoustic a Hoffner?
  • George it looks like a Gibson or Epiphone because of the Humbucking pick-ups. Hoffner's were generally electric basses. :-)
  • Bill - I have a Hoffner 6-string semi-acoustic that I bought in London back in 1970. Although the fret-work is a bit more ornate, it looks very similar to the one shown. Dating myself, it came with a Burns London amp part of which ran on tubes LOL.
  • edited August 2019 2 LikesVote Down
    I had a Gibson EB2C (C=cherry finish, similar hollow body design as Philip's guitar) bass I bought used, in 1978. Round about 1983 or so, because of life situations, I found myself renting space at the local swap meet, in the college parking lot, in Huntington Beach, CA, trying to raise cash. My bass was on display in its case.

An elderly gentleman came casually strolling by, stopped at the sight of my bass, and with a kind of wistful smile borne of fond memories, said, "That looks familiar."
    He reached into his wallet, drew out a business card, and handed it to me, saying, "I invented that humbucker."
    I read the name on the card, Seth Lover.

I was never a gear head, when it came to music equipment. The only reason I had bought that particular bass was because I had read it was one of the models played by my favorite bassist at the time, Pete Cetera, of Chicago. Since I was unable to talk shop with him, we just exchanged a few pleasantries, and he went on his way. For some reason, though, I felt pangs of guilt about selling the bass, so I closed up the case, and took it back home with me.
  • I had an ES330 that looked like that back in the late '60's or early '70's I traded it for a 12 string Rickenbacker. I also had an EBO Bass that I had bought. They went when I had my divorce in '95 along with my Super Reverb and an old Martin acoustic guitar. Oh well. LoL
  • HOW CAN I CHANGE MY USERS NAME ??
  • I HAVE A 12 STRING RICK. MAPLE GLOW. IT'S KINDA HARDER TO TUNE. SOUNDS GREAT. THE PICTURE YOU SEE UP THERE IS MY GIPSON 330