Why Do Some Sellers Take So Long to Ship Stamps?

2»

Comments

• Well you can ignore and move on or just not sell to the rude individual again, its up to you. Vacation is a legitimate excuse if you had the flag waving with the correct return information.
  • option 1- string them up and flog them into submission and repentance

option 2- create funding for their remedial "re-education" with emphasis on reading comprehension

option 3- protest humanity in general by secluding oneself on an island with no outside contact while capturing and
    categorizing native insects and sucking on mangos.

option 4 - endure snarky comments on Hipstamps forums while awaiting actually helpful suggestions
  • Ron, I like option 2 but was it Twain who said "“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
  • No, Andrew, I think that was Samuel Clemens.
  • roflmbo………...youguys are too much.

Here's an option 5 - sending them back to school to learn reading comprehension! I heard the Three R's are not being taught anymore.
  • Luree, Texas, at least, is bringing back one of the R's. Schools are going to teach cursive writing.
    https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/education-news/2019/04/29/330958/texas-bringing-back-cursive-to-elementary-schools/
  • " Oh @X#&; it all" --example of cursive writing as I remember it.
  • Well at least I got a positive feedback, as the order was received!
  • I own a shop on Oregon and am the only one who fills orders. I would like to have a larger staff but its just not possible at the moment. However, I have over 13,000 and list at 40% cat and fill at least 10-15 orders a day which on average comes out to be about 450 stamps but when u get double that on average it leaves you in the dust pretty fast even working 7 days a week. I also want the orders to be done properly and if I"m rushing through just to get it in the mail my customers will not only have a late order, but one that isn't correct as well. I could use work on my communication but I am not what you would call tech savvy. I try to get to emails and return messages as I can but theres only so much one person can do. So I know for myself that lack of help plays a major role in shipment times
  • edited October 2019 0 LikesVote Down
    Bob,
    Just a quick question,when you said 450 stamps per day is that a typo? (The reason I ask is because if you are averaging 450 stamps per day that comes out to a total of 13,500 stamps per month. It just seems a bit high.)

Have you thought about putting something in your listing or shipping and handling details about a handling time say of 3 days,and letting them know ahead of time? If people know ahead of time instead after the fact it usually works out much better. I deal with a seller that has a 7 day handling time,but because I know ahead of time it's not a problem.
  • Sure wish I could average 450 stamp sales per day. What's the secret? I noticed a seller from Oregon on HipStamp averaging about 45 feedback's per day. Perhaps this is not you, but if it is, you must sell on other sites and/or sell many stamps from your shop as a 10% feedback rate seems extremely low. I concur that explaining your shipping time would be very helpful.