Vote !!

Copied from another message board:

HipStamp sellers reading this post have an opportunity to participate in the eCommerce Bytes Sellers Choice Marketplace Awards surveys. While many complain about eBay, this may be an opportunity to strike back.

While HipStamp lacks sales automation available on eBay through the SixBit eCommerce Solution, buyers are not subject to out-of-state sales tax collection. It is amazing to me that buyers continue to buy on eBay when the same item on HipStamp may not be subject to sales tax. While I don't expect this to last, buyers should take advantage while they can. Sellers not on HipStamp open an account and take advantage of eBay Sync to mirror listings on HipStamp.

Why participate in the survey?

If HipStamp sellers on this forum participate, they may help the site achieve better site visibility and, ultimately, increase sales.

Nominations Open for 2020 Sellers Choice Marketplace Awards

From eCommerceBytes Blog with a description and link to the survey can be found at:
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/bl...5758123.html

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Send me my sticker - "I Voted" :)
  • Buyers still have to report state's use and sales tax. Saying they don't pay taxes on their hip purchases is basically saying they all cheat on their taxes ;)
    Most buyers don't buy on hip, because they don't know about it.
    All my ebay buyers get a flyer promoting my items on here up to 50% off ebay prices. Maybe that will help some. 20% off for as little as 3 postcards purchased together.
    And always free domestic shipping :)
  • Buyers don't report sales tax. Sellers do.
  • While that is correct that the sellers report the sales tax,the buyer is to report the use tax on your yearly income tax forms. (The sales tax is collected on behalf of the state by the retailer,the use tax which is the same rate is collected by the State government directly on your income tax forms for any goods purchased out of state and which are used or stored within the state) The use tax is NOT being reported by most people.

In WI the tax form number for consumer use tax is UT-5.
    For businesses they are combined into 1 form. and it's form ST-12.
  • Exactly the same here in CA.
    Buyers are supposed to report the out of state sales tax (called use tax in most if not all states) on their income tax returns, and most don't do it.
    So simply because they have been cheating forever, does not mean it is right. And most of all it does NOT give any site a benefit for not collecting taxes like the big sites do now.
    I actually LIKE that ebay etc are now collecting from EVERYBODY. Because it finally puts us sellers who have been reporting and paying sales taxes for in state purchases on the same leveling field.