GAAAHH!! Not again!! ••••

2»

Comments

• The average feedback of giveaway winners over the past 25 contests is just under 9,500. That is skewed from Mr. Mitchell winning twice in close succession. He has almost 90,000 in feedback. Take him out of the equation, and the average feedback for 23 of the last 25 giveaways drops to around 2,600.
  • Seriously ! Wtf
  • edited May 2018 1 LikesVote Down
    Good point Michael, Mr. Mitchell has the luck of the Irish! It is all fun, not sure why others do not participate in creating giveaways. It will be a sad day when Mark's stash of penny black's come to an end. Winners whom have purchased or not are usually very grateful.
  • Interesting statistics, General,Sir! ---- but are you analyzing the Penny Black Giveaways, the Dealer•Member Giveaways, or both?

Additionally -- where in the world did you find the statistics for the last 25 giveaways??
  • I guess I wont wast anymore time on the giveaways
  • edited May 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    Dave, I looked at the previous 25 closed giveaways (all giveaways). You can see them by going to giveaways and changing the filter in the drop down box to Closed Giveaways.

• Fixed it for you.

XDVV7XL5DLZ4
  • Another drive-by-shooting by a non-participating interloper in the Penny Black giveaways!!
    razvan
    It is certainly speaks to Mark's integrity and honesty that he doesn't just discard the names with zero feedback and move on to the next name pulled out of the hat (or however he does it). None of us would be the wiser.
  • edited February 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    I would think Mark would actually prefer low-to-no-feedback winners (if he had a preference, at all). The purpose of the giveaway is to attract users. High-feedback members are obviously using the site already.
  • You're right, Ted -- I was thinking of it (optimistically) as a more of a reward system!
  • Why does this bother you?
  • Well, because .....penny black lives matter?
  • Ted, if that is Mark's plan, it's a noteworthy one. However, it has a history of not providing those results. Remember the winner of the inverted jenny? He disappeared and has never been heard from again, from what I know.

But, you can't require someone to buy something in order to enter a giveaway, so as we have all these years, we have to live with it. I can't even tell you the last time I entered the giveaways here. I did win three in a row on another web site, however.
  • I have over a 21,000 Feedback and I won the Penny Black a couple of years ago. I still have it. I also won a contest on another site. Keep on trying.