Mechanics of Want List Notifications

Something I've been curious about for a while ... I'm a seller on this site, and I've noticed that, on occasion, when I list up a bunch of new (to me) material, I get sales of a few of those items within 12-24 hours. I'm presuming that this is driven by some form of notification based on buyer's Want Lists. As an example, I listed up a bunch of early Rhodesia last night, and by this morning, I had my first sale of that material.

How does the Want List notification process work? Is there an immediate e-mail notification when something is listed that is on a particular want list? Is it daily? Weekly? Are images sent with the notification? If so, is it just one image, or all images associated with a particular listing?

Like I said, this is purely out of curiosity. I don't think it will affect how (or when) I list new items, but the more I know about the Want List process, the better informed I can be.

Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited February 2020 2 LikesVote Down
    Currently, we send out email notifications about once a week, which aggregates new Want List matches. The email will include up to 5 Country / Catalog Numbers. If there are more than 5 new Country / Catalog matches, we'll send an additional email the next day. Each of those Country / Catalog Number matches will show up to 4 new matching items - along with a link to view all new matching items for that Country / Catalog Number.
  • Mark

I appreciate the detailed answer, along with the example. It gives me what I was looking for.

Rob