Not a bug but guidance needed

edited March 2020 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
As the Covid 19 crisis spreads, many post offices are unable to offer"normal" postal service, and there are many embargos. Will there be a recommended procedure for sales to an embargoed country, ie should we prepare shipment and wait, or should we cancel and refund?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's not really an embargo. It is a suspension of service. Suspensions of service happen all the time, and for different reasons.

If you send something to an area where service is suspended, the mail will be held at a location until the suspension is lifted. This could be not good for shipping stamps. If what you send winds up in a mail bag sitting on the floor at the bottom of a stack of mail bags for a couple of months, well you get the picture.

I have a couple of purchases made with sellers outside the US where quarantines have shut down the post offices. The sellers have contacted me, and said that they will hold my purchases until the post offices reopen. I'd rather have the stamps sitting at their place. Communicate with the seller/buyer and handle it as best seen fit for all.
  • Michael you must be related to my Grade 9 English teacher - It is a suspension of service not an embargo :). Embargo was the word my senile senior citizen brain came up with first.
    So far I just have one order to worry about and I do not plan to send it until the suspension is lifted. There will be a language gap in communicating with the customer that may be interesting.
    Canada Post has, according to some on the Feebay Canada sellers page returned parcels to suspended destinations but nothing has been mentioned about plain old letter mail.
  • Hi Dennis Approx. 10 years ago I began to sell on Sabastian Delcampe's site. Twice I had the dilemma of sending into a 'Conflict Zone'.. bullets not germs the problem. As you are thinking, I was hesitant.. I shared that with my Buyers & both sent me name & address of a family member living in a safe zone to ship to. Over time both buyers received the stamps & sent me Thank You e-mails. I wish you success here.