Can a buyer check out without paying so I can combine their purchase with Auctions they won?

I have a buyer who won some auctions today. They then found some other items in my inventory and would like to purchase them and have me ship them together. If he does a checkout from his cart, will he have to pay the postage that the site is telling him or is there a way for me to adjust the postage in his cart? Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm trying to get up and running here and I'm not exactly sure how these things work.

Thanks for any advice you can provide,

Joe

Joe

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • And with a little more digging, I think I found my answer. Looks like I need to have them request approval to 'pay later' as described here:
    https://help.hipecommerce.com/support/solutions/articles/14000108716-how-do-i-use-the-pay-later-feature-

Then I think they can check out from the store and I'll have two invoices for them (new store invoice and earlier auction invoice) that I can combine on my end.

If this is the correct solution, I apologize for the posting the question before I had done my due diligence,

Joe
  • But you may have helped others by the question and your research, so nothing to apologize about.
  • edited April 2020 0 LikesVote Down
    i asked one of my sellers the same question (for the same reason) a couple weeks ago... he decided to credit the extra shipping to my PayPal account.

Seems to me back in Bidstart days the software checked both "checkouts" and asked if you wanted to pay for both at the same time. That way seller had one invoice and shipping was calculated on all items using the seller's rules...
  • If a person wins auction items, or offers, and then they go to checkout for any new items, those items will automatically be combined with the unpaid purchases from within the past 5 days. So there wouldn't be anything the Seller needs to do. If however, it's been more than 5 days - then yes, you can use the Pay Later feature.
  • edited April 2020 4 LikesVote Down
    Mark,

Can you extend the 5 days to two weeks (14 days)? I think that would minimize these recurring issues, and permit people to spend more time looking for items to buy..
  • Mark,
    "If a person wins auction items, or offers, and then they go to checkout for any new items, those items will automatically be combined with the unpaid purchases from within the past 5 days."

This is great. Is there a way to communicate that on the checkout page? Currently my customers are seeing something like 'checkout and pay now' When they should also be told '...or add to an existing invoice'. Just a thought. I've just have 2 separate buyers ask if there was a way to combine their store purchases with the auctions they just won from me. So, it may not be clear to them that their purchases would be combined with the auction lots they hadn't yet paid for.

Joe
  • That's already what happens. If a buyer proceeds to the checkout page, and has any eligible unpaid auction items they're automatically added, displayed as unpaid items being combined with the current purchase, and an option is provided to exclude them.
  • edited April 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    Mark... As asked/suggested before.
    A) Checkout: Make option "Request invoice" available
    Or: Make settings available/option: Wait for sellers invoice.
  • On my recent buys this week I saw what Mark describes...[unpaid items] which is a good part of the solution but what I would also like to see is a "reminder" from the shopping cart: When I go to "Pay Now" I would like a mention that "There are additional items from this Seller in your shopping cart" with the option to add them to the sales invoice. Avoids multiple invoices and shipping cost adders.
  • You do know that many dealers offer this feature right? I have had several customers purchase from me a stamp or two at a time .... they pay every so often (one was every two months or so). If you purchase from one dealer regularly (or want to) click on any stamp and look for the Paypal logo below the description. If they offer this service to the right of the logo will be a box that says "Pay by check or money order ....."and to the right of that will be a gray box that says "Get pre-approved;,,. " If the box isn't there it doesn't hurt to ask - they may not know about that feature because like most things on here they are discovered by accident. The only way I knew it existed was when another dealer asked if he could build up a decent order - I was putting on MNH British colonies in dribs and drabs and he would purchase almost all that I put on and then when his total got to a reasonable amount he would send me a check.... worked great......
  • I've done similar with some of my sellers (paid after 4-5 buys or after an understood amount was reached) but I will look at your solution as well. There a number of sellers I track regularly (some weekly)! I also get an email when my Favorite Sellers add new materials.
  • Wouldn't it be so much easier if Hip put a continue shopping button on the page? ?????