Need for words of wisdom

Does anyone have any advice, on how to deal with a buyer that wins auctions, leaves positive feedback, but does not pay? It just happens that all the won auctions were won by overbidding others.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Open a ticket with the staff to let them know what is going on.

I thought when you won an auction you are obligated to pay.

Did you send the buyer a message?
  • edited April 2020 2 LikesVote Down
    The whole system of internet auctions, selling and buying would NOT work if that type of behavior was prevalent. It's crooked really. You have a personal honor code that says once you have committed to buy something, barring a rare circumstance
    ( misrepresentation, error, etc) you have made more than a promise to pay...you have bought it. So yes, that type of buyer needs to be weeded out quickly, especially if they are simply up-bidding items with NO intention of actually buying.
  • Sadly, this buyer ignored all my messages.
  • Then scroll down to Contact Us and open a ticket. The staff needs to know what is going on. Explain everything that has happened and what you personally have done, ie, contact and being ignored.
  • Check and see if the bidder was selling the same item.
  • Thank you all for your support, advices and suggestions. It is appreciated. Happy stamping to you.
  • You never know if there is the off chance the buyer may have been incapacitated for whatever reason. Especially if their feedback does not indicate a potential issue. The Staff will investigate. Good luck.
  • Thank you. Issue has been resolved
  • MR. D., I would say you have a "HATER" on your hands, I have seen this on Hip Stamps and they BLOCKED the CLOWN!! Ban Him from any of your Auctions by working with the Organizer or Service that you list with. Pain in the Butt, but sometimes you Need to just Take a Stand against the Chaos! Good Luck! Jeff