How does one get rid of the "Need Help" bubble?

2»

Comments

• Only 3 times.... It takes me more than that .... as my blood pressure rises on each "try". I then seek out an old email message from Hip to which they normally respond.
  • Well I tried what Wayne suggested and I was able to remove it with the ABP. We shall see if it holds up.
  • This is the response I got to my inquiry - also included. What a shame they don't want to listen to long time users. Guess I will have to take my computer into the shop and see if they can kill the thing..

Alexandra (Hip eCommerce)

Aug 22, 09:50 ADT
    Hi Carol,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry about that! This chat is a new feature that we're offering our members to help ensure that you're able to receive more instant customer service during our business hours. We've also added ~50 help articles to help explain features and answer frequently asked questions that we get - you can find these here: https://help.hipecommerce.com/hc/en-us

Unfortunately, we do not have a way to disable it for specific users. However, I'll pass this along to upper management to see if there is changes we can make to ensure it's less intrusive to your experience.

Please let us know if you have any other questions moving forward, I'm always happy to help!

Thanks,

Alexandra
    Customer Engagement Manager

Webpaper08

Aug 21, 21:36 ADT

PLEASE give us a way to block this thing. Peripheral movement of this type actually causes me to have a panic attack. Yes, I can (and do) cover it with a sticky note but then it makes it a pain to list things on both Hipstamp and Hippostcard.

Many of us who have been with you since Stampwants, Bidstart and the dark ages of SG are imploring you to give us the option to get rid of this thing. I have tried the ad blockers suggested but can't seem to get them to work.

I hate to have to spend money taking it to a computer store to get rid of it but if you won't do it I guess that is my only option.

What a damn shame that you don't listen to those of us who have been around since the beginning..
  • Luree, here's the relevant part of my exchange:
    HS: However, we can definitely work on ways to make it less intrusive for you.
    me: It does show up on every page.
    HS: We'll look into limiting the pages on where this appears - I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our upper management team.
  • My suggestion to Management would be to limit it to new members. Everyone has a date they joined the site. Perhaps new members could see the popup for 3 to 6 months. After that time, the new member should be familiar enough with the site not to need it. Hopefully it doesn't cause existing members to leave the site or new ones to leave that don't like it either. That is not good for anyone.

Seeing the popup when you are entering the give-a-way is a waste of everyone's time. Especially when it provides you absolutely no information. Only a way to "ask" a question.
  • I gave up with captcha as it never worked for me. It never recognizes the letters I enter. That's a waste of time too.
  • Well I used the Adblock Plus on it and it does not show up anymore. Unfortunately it is only with FireFox and those who do not use that browser probably can not get rid of it.
    Many people do not even know how ABP works and will get very frustrated seeing that thing all of the time and just leave the site and never come back again.

In the old days in programing we used to use KISS a lot because many people do not like annoyances when they are searching or browsing. Unfortunately those days are long gone and the newer generation like all of the pomp and circumstance with all of the new gimmicks. We in the stamp business for the most part have been around for a long time and just want;

Keep It Simple Stupid!
  • How did you "use Adblock Plus on it "?

I just installed AdBlock Plus on Firefox and set it up to get rid of all ads. It works great on all sites EXCEPT for the stupid "Need Help" thing on THIS site. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Please help before I just package up a roomful of bankers boxes (all 36 of them) and send them to auction. This is about the most frustrating thing I have ever run across. Maybe I'll just put both stores on vacation mode until they come to their senses. .
  • Ya know...I saw the damned thing and was only a little annoyed at its (unwanted) presence, but now that I've been following this thread......its driving me crazy !!!!
  • When my wife says something I am is "driving me crazy" I tell her "Short trip".
  • The interesting observation for me is that everyone at HipStamp management is avoiding this forum like the plague. I realize they have answered a couple of direct enquirers with some vague answers but there is obviously an opportunity for Mark to explain the rational behind the pop-up, why it is needed and why the opinions of long time users are ignored.
    Just my three penny worth!
    Mike
  • You actually have to poke the snake and then sometimes you get a defensive, obfuscated reply.
  • Looks like that poke is not working!! But we can keep pushing for a corporate answer for a legitimate concern!!
  • Adblock worked on my laptop but not my desktop. Grr! Why won't they get rid of that annoying thing?
  • Really hate the darn thing.
  • Wayne we all hate hate it but for some reason they are not going to change it.... Ad block plus worked until I installed Webroot - I have just given up but I can't list more than 20 or 30 items before the darn thing makes me nauseous (corner of the eye flash). If I cover it with a sticky than I lose functionality because it covers things that I need when I do other things on my computer.

Perhaps Mark could increase revenue by forcing us to pay $5 or $10 a month to delete it from our computer - I would certainly pay $5 a month to get rid of the blasted thing - it would be worth it in increased listings because I wouldn't have to take so many breaks to stop the sick feeling I get after several minutes of listing,

I suppose it prevents me from looking at things that I might want to buy ..... really fed up with the "because I said so" attitude towards customers being displayed here ... things sure have changed since the Gibbons debacle.
  • edited April 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    It is simply infuriating. I really dislike people who think they need to help me. I am a grownup and can manage things myself. IF I need help I might ask for it. MIGHT! Being male probably not.
  • Ted will verify it wasn't from me...he says I'm beyond help. And that's why we get along.
  • edited April 2020 2 LikesVote Down
    Well, HipStamp is still insulting you by constantly asking "Need Help?" If you are beyond help, why ask? But I really liked your comment, Ron! And Ted is probably right about most of us.
  • It's a pain, always in the way
  • Yes, we need help getting rid of the "Need Help?" sign.
  • I see it was last august when I posted on this thread and I still do not have it using ADP that you get with Firefox.
    I am also still using Windows 7 for my OS since I hate all of the garbage that is on Windows 10.
    When it comes to computers I firmly believe in KISS.
  • Bill, what are you using for anti-virus? I had it blocked out ok with ADP when I was protected by the commercial version of Webroot through a computer service but when I quit because they wouldn't cover Windows 7 I started using the regular Webroot along with Security Essentials (they play together OK) it quit blocking it.
    Maybe I will have to try turning off one of the two anti-virus when I am on Hipstamp (ADP continues to work on all my other regular sites)... what a pain to go through this crap because they don't allow you to turn off an unwanted ":feature" - it almost makes me want to open a storefront on the other site and ditch all the cheap stuff and just run high priced stuff on the other site. What a shame they don't seem to care.
  • I have said for a long time that Costumer Service is an oxymoron!
  • I use AVG for anti-virus and I use Firefox for my browser and it comes with ABP. I see I accidentally put ADP down. That's what I get for typing late at night. LoL
  • I have windows 7 and firefox and ad-blocker. What I did was open this site and let the need help button come on. Then I moved the page to where the need help button was with nothing in the background behind it. Then I opened ad-block. In the middle or bottom depending on how much of that screen you see. There is a button that says block element. I clicked on that button and then clicked on the need help button right after. The help button went yellow for a second and then disappeared. So far so good, try it. Might work for you. wkaj
  • I also use Firefox with my Win 7 - will have to experiment a bit more I guess. Thanks for the info, will try it after another cup of coffee or two
  • Carol,

That is exactly what I did a number of months ago when it first came up. I think the first time I had an update from Firefox it came up again so I re-did it and it has not been back since. I never went to a blank spot, I just did it where it sat. If Hipstamp rewrites the code on it it will come back but you can always block it. On certain CSS script you might have to do it a few times to get it to remove an item but Add-block plus does work.
This discussion has been closed.