Harry Patsalos Philatelics Reaches 15,000 Items

For the 3rd time this past week I managed to add over 15,000 items. Take a look, there may be something of interest for you.
STAY SAFE Hipstampers!!

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/harry-patsalos-philatelics

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Con grats Harry! I can't seem to get ahead. darn customers.
  • Ron, You must be doing something right!!!
  • That is an impressive number of items! May I ask how do you achieve that? I just hit 2,000 and that has taken me a while. I am retired and used to do shows until it got to the point that hotels and restaurants were making more and I was making less. Do you have help or are you a 1 person operation? I find scanning is the slowest thing to do and I would welcome any thoughts on how to speed this up. I currently am using software called thumbsup. Thus far I have not found a better approach to scanning.

Sorry if I am nosey, but 15,000 is very nice accomplishment. You are to be commended! I am impressed. Nice job!

Tom Breay

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/toms-stamps

ps: Why is my store not a link? While I have been a member for quite while, I have much to learn. I have a featured store but not a premium store. Thank you for any comments or suggestions!
  • Tom,
    Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I am a "One Man Show". Getting the numbers up does take a long time, 3 years for me to achieve this number and you have to figure in the 17,000+ Feedbacks (sold items) as well. Unfortunately Scanning is the gruesome task, all my items offered are the exact item scanned.

As for your Link, it does show up as such when you post the comment. Just tap on the "Preview" button before sending a comment and it should show up in blue.

Oh and if anyone has a magic solution to scanning fast please share with us.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/harry-patsalos-philatelics
  • I've been using this Image Bursting app that someone on this Forum suggested. It has worked great for me. I'm able to scan a sheet of stamps and it will find the stamps and create individual images for each with not too much effort. It's a pain to install and enable but I like it.

http://drakeserver.com/

• Michael,
    Thank you, I will give it a try when I can find some time.
    Harry
  • Harry,
    I finally bit the bullet and leaving ebay this month, after 22 years. Can't stand it anymore, forcing me to signup for managed payments. Today I got a Hipstamp store and synced my 300+ ebay listings. Now I have to figure out how these listing programs work in Hipstamp. Do you use the bulk lister or single version? How you managed to list so many items is mind boggling. Do you think the Hollywood SC will ever startup again? Thanks for listening!
  • Bill - Welcome to Hipstamp. It takes time building up an inventory but the more you put in the better chances you will sell things. I add items one at a time, I should try the bulk lister but.....
    As for HSC, there was talk about starting up in September but I don't think it will work. Hopefully something will make this thing go away because I do miss Tuesday nights there. If you need any advice just message me through Hipstamp or email me and if I can help I will. Have fun Scanning.
  • Harry,
    Thanks for the encouraging information. Spoke to Mike R yesterday. He sold a lot of collections to Richard K at 15% sc.
    I have to figure out how to change my seller ID on Hipstamp. I created it a couple years ago but did not use the site. I would like to keep my ebay id as you did.
  • Bill,
    Shouldn't be too difficult, try using the Help button if you don't figure it out yourself.
    Are you any good at Classic Japan?

• Bill,
    I have a ton of stock, more than I will ever get a chance to list. Think 2 Rooms full of boxes of stamps and covers.
  • Harry,
    When you started with Hip you were also selling on eBay. Do you know if the synced listings I put on Hip will be deleted if I delete if from eBay? I expect to be knocked off eBay later this week for not signing up for managed payments, and right now it is easier for me to list an item on eBay so it can be copied over to Hip with my Turbo Lister program which will also go away soon. Also, can I duplicate a listing and revise it to save some time? Thanks & be safe!
  • Harry, regarding Japan, are you referring to the Dragon and Cherry Bloosums? I have books on them and a CD on the forgeries. I know some information and can tell you the town cancel on a Bota cancel.
  • Bill,
    They are the 1871-1872 Sc 1-8 Series Hand Overprinted MIHON including Sc 6d ($10,000). If you have time do a quick check for me. I will also tell you where I got them from, you'll have a good laugh and then go digging through your items. Message me outside this forum using 1 of my listings "contact me" tabs.
  • Harry,
    I have not found a way to search for your items. Apparently I can't search on seller ID?