Blocking Unsolicited Email

I would like to have the option to keep from receiving unsolicited email advertising from HipStamp sellers.

There doesn't appear to be an option for that listed in the preferences section of my profile.

The preference section does ask if I want to receive emails from my favorite sellers and I've selected "Never" in that category.

I have come to accept that HipStamp does not want to give buyers the option to block sellers; however, I see no reason why HipStamp shouldn't prevent sellers from sending unsolicited email--especially when there has been no prior commercial relationship.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Agree 100 per cent. I have made a list of Hipstamp dealers who barrage me with unwanted emails and make certain to NEVER buy from them. Not on Hipstamp not on any other venue (that sometimes takes a bit of detective work but very little ticks me off more). Bad enough that Hipstamp barrages us with unsolicited ads for everything including Hipcomics which I have no interest in.
  • IF YOU GO TO THE EMAIL PREFERENCE PAGE YOU CAN TURN OFF THOSE EMAILS. THEY ARE GENERATED BY HIPSTAMP NOT THE SELLERS AS A FEATURE OF SOME OF THE STORE SETTINGS. WHEN YOU TURN THEM OFF IT WILL TELL YOU IT IS "NOT RECOMMENDED. I USED TO GET TONS OF THESE EMAILS PER WEEK BUT NOT ANYMORE. ALSO I THINK IF YOU SCROLL DOWN THESE EMAILS YOU CAN ALSO UNSUBSCRINE.
  • Here are the options available to me -- I don't see one that allows me to block unsolicited emails from sellers that I haven't identified as favorites. Today, I received another email from a HipStamp seller with whom I've had no dealings. I shouldn't have to scroll down to unsubscribe to a broadcast email that I never subscribed to in the first place.

email preferences
  • TURNING OFF FAVORITE SELLERS WILL STOP MANY OF THEM . ALSO FOLLOWED SEARCHES STOPS SOME. WHEN I GOT ONE FROM A SELLER I SCROLLED DOWN TO UNSUBSCRIBE. I GET VERY FEW UNWanted emails now.
  • There's no option within HipStamp to turn off these unsolicited emails (although I believe it is HipStamp that is the offender for these, using a third party provider).

Use the unsubscribe link in the unsolicited email. That will unsubscribe you from the email service provider so you shouldn't get these from any Hipstamp seller in the future.
  • Rod , Maybe in your infinite wisdom can inform us all as to why since doing this as I described above , I no longer get all of these emails. I used to get 25-30 per week but now almost nothing. Go to Email Preferences to get to the page shown above and simply turn off what you don't want.
    You are correct about Hip allowing these emails. I haven't purchased anything in at least 10 years on Hip but was receiving favorite seller emails constantly. Not anymore.
  • If these solicitations were from my favorite sellers I'd know how to stop them. I have clicked on the "unsubscribe" link whenever I receive one yet they continue to arrive. Perhaps someone on the HipStamp staff can explain exactly what is happening (and why).
  • https://www.hipstamp.com/forums/discussion/2690/how-to-block-subscriptions/p1
    Stephen:
    The above link shows you the subscription/ unsubscribe information supplied by Mark back in December 2019. If you read Mark's response and are sure you still have the problem then enter a help desk ticket at the contact us tab below.
    Mike
  • edited July 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    Mike,

Thanks for the info. I now have to maintain a log of all the unsolicited seller emails I receive so I can report them if I receive a second email after having unsubscribed.

Steve

p.s., For awareness, the two unsolicited emails still in my trash folder both had @hipsellers.com email addresses.
  • Why I have to unsubscrive unwanted emails? I think it is rude.
    It should be the way around. They have to ask if I want their emails. That is polite.
    maybe you can block it in the browser. An other way is to stack up and bounce back
    bombard them with their own emails. If everybody do that let's see if they like that.
    ECfan
  • Agreed, tired of getting emails after a purchase to visit some site. I've unsubscribed to every one of them, so after a while it becomes less of an issue.