PayPal "Hold"

So just had a sale come through and HipStamp says it is good to ship but the PayPal transaction says this...Capture
. PP says they placed the money "on hold" because they believe the transaction involoves higher than usual risk and a long as no claims are made they will release the funds within 21 days. HipStamp says it's good to ship though PayPal says I haven't actually been paid for it. Can someone explain this to me if you have seen this before? Thanks!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you have a new account on PayPal they will do that. Other wise PayPal thinks it is coming from a customer they do not trust.
  • Well I've had a PayPal account for quite some time and the buyer seems to have good reviews from other sellers so it seems odd.
  • edited July 2020 0 LikesVote Down
    I've had a paypal account for over 20 years, but my own payments have been delayed, some as small as a couple dollars. This despite having hundreds in my account at the time.

About 20% of my sales get delayed in this way. They have always been completed within 2 days or so. Nobody seems to really know the reasons or who gets delayed. It almost seems random to me.

Technically Hipstamp says to check with paypal before shipping, not that it's good to ship. I just wait a day or two.
  • Thanks Michael. Good to know. I am sure the buyer is fine, he seems to have purchased some nice material in the past with no issues reported. Not really worried about that, just seemed kind of odd from PP.
  • I had a similar thing with Paypal......I wanted to transfer money from my Paypal account to my Bank account and they sent an email to say the transaction was being "Audited" It took them a week or so to finally pay the $ into my bank account.
    Yet Paypal a quick to withdraw money if you are paying something with Paypal!
  • I have had a business account with PayPal since 2001 and the only time I had a hold was because of the buyer. It might be because of the weekend and they could not get a confirmation on the ACH for the buyer from his bank.
  • Thanks Steven. I did see that but I appreciate it.