Posting Dates

Does anyone know if there is a way to know when a particular item was first put up on the system for sale?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Check Members Area - Listings. Start time is under the image.
  • Thanks, Jeri. But I'm still at a loss. I followed your directions and found a 'listings' under both Selling and Buying. Selling shows me 0; I guess because I'm not a seller. Under Buying it seems Listing will show all my previous purchases and dates of purchase. What I'd like when I find a stamp I'd consider buying is to know when the seller first put that item up for sale on HipStamp. I'm probably too slow. I need someone who would be able to walked me through it.
  • I think Jeri's method only shows the start times for the listings in one's own store.
    I see no method of determining this in other people's stores.
  • Robert, sorry I misunderstood you. I believe George is correct, no way to check in other people's stores. You can search by recently listed but that's not much help for what you are looking for.
  • Thanks for the explanations, Jeri and George. I really appreciate it. I think this would be useful information for HipStamp to make available. eBay does it for their items.
  • As a seller I am curious as to how the information would help you ....when I had an antique shop turnover was of paramount importance. Mark it down until it sells or put it by the door and hope somebody steals it...

Stamps are different ...
  • I'm thinking that turnover in this business may be an issue too. For the buyer, for example, longer held items may be about to be marked down a little or perhaps put into an auction. Or?
  • Robert:
    You can get some sense of how long an item has been listed by it's ID number in the top right hand corner of a listing but as Carol said then I am not sure how that helps you? I have had listings that have been available for ten years that sold this weekend and also listing that went up new this weekend and sold same day. Length of time that a listing has been available has no input for me on special discounts or sending to auction
    Mike
  • Knowing how long an item has been up for sale does not have any bearing what the seller will let it go for especially if he is not asking the buyer to make an offer. Sellers on the bay will block you if you make on offer without them asking for an offer. I know at stamp bourses it is a common thing to do but not so much on line since the cost to sell the item is the same whether it has been on for 10 minutes or 10 years. If a seller wants to get rid of an item he will either drop the price or put into an auction.