Can anyone help me with a problem I’ve been running into(same stamp slightly different color)

I have been running into stamps that look identical but when placed side by side, the color is slightly different. Is this due to year or fading or something else? It’s the most common hurdle I’ve run into so far. I’m posting a picture with an example. The watermarks on the back are the same but the color is slightly different.AF40FC30-9678-4F9D-85FD-70D45572D449

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Here is another example, I’m guessing it has to do with the year? Because these two German stamps both say 400 underneath and the number overprinted is different with slightly different coloring, currency change after the war? It’s my most common issue79E8DDB3-5633-4B93-9DC6-4787206FC0B0
  • The overprinted German stamps date from 1923, a period of gross inflation. These three are all very common. The air mail stamp on the right is worth a bit more, maybe 25 cents or so.
    The color variation in the India pair is well within the usual range for the same issue, which I'm pretty sure is Scott #136 from the year 1932 (minimal value).