Offers

Is there any rule for how long an offer is in place before it is accepted or rejected. I just got a surprise acceptance 2 months after I made an offer.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That is not good
  • I've had a similar experience. Maybe HipStamp should add a space on an offer to let us designate an expiration date, so that the offer isn't acidently left out there indefinitely.
  • I am already worried after ten days on an acceptance of a $575 offer. No responce from the "buyer"
  • Currently, offers do not automatically expire. However, buyers may withdraw their offers at any time before they are accepted (or rejected) from the Members Area > Buying > Offers page.
  • Can a seller withdraw his acceptance of an offer after a certain period of time? 11 days and counting!
  • Yes. If a buyer has not paid you for an auction or offer after 5 days, you can cancel the sale by filing a Resolution for non-payment: https://www.hipstamp.com/members/tools/resolutions
  • I think indefinite offers are a bad idea. Sellers and buyers will forget about them in a week or two at most. The buyer may have found a similar item and bought it. To suddenly get hit with an offer acceptance many weeks down the road means that the buyer now has to pay for something he no longer wants.

If you want to have indefinite offers, at least have a short time period where the buyer has to pay for the item if the seller accepts the offer. After, say a week, the seller accepts the offer, send a notice to the buyer that the offer has been accepted, but that due to the length of time that the seller took to accept it, the buyer has the option to accept or decline the offer, and the system will close the matter as appropriate. The lack of due diligence on the part of a seller should not be forced onto a buyer. Also, a seller may have tried to sell at a higher price elsewhere, and, not getting a sale, returns to the buyer's offer and accepts it, knowing that the buyer will have to pay for it.

It's not right to do that the buyer.
  • There always should be a time limit on offers that are automatic other wise it will cause stress and frustration on all that are involved.