Why Post Any Comments or Questions in the Forums?

Not trying to ruffle any feathers with this question, but I have often wondered about this. Comments in the Forums usually only receive about 50 views. If anyone answers, then more views but probably by the same set of individuals who looked at the first comment.

There are about 1000 sellers on this site, with a reported 100,000 buyers. If only 50 of those 101,000 people are seeing these comments or questions, buy even bother? This is only about 0.05% of individuals on this site ever checking out the Forums.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Richard,
    Most questions get answered by the die hard forum followers, so it doesn't really matter how may people post an answer as long as someone does. No need to have 20 confirmations.

I think that stamp collectors are "go it alone" type people who use this hobby to wind down and relax and not necessarily need to have too many extra distractions when enjoying their hunt for that stamp or cover which fits into their collection. If there were say 10,000 collectors on the forum it would be way too cumbersome to navigate and no one would probably answer anything.

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Harry

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/harry-patsalos-philatelics

• I think that question is legitimate and I also endorse Harry's response. I consider myself a serious collector, because I want to learn all I can . I've been at this since childhood. Most of my questions can be answered here. But, true, in the hobby universe, each individual makes their own rules. Thankful for this outlet. Happy Thanksgiving
  • Your statistical analysis may indicate only a very small probability of receiving answers to questions posted, but all the questions I've posted have been answered here. There are people who frequent this Forum who have a lot knowledge and are willing to share it. I'm not one of them, yet.
    So, while only about 50 others will read your post, chances are that one of them knows the answer or where to find it.
    Now if you are looking to increase sales, the Forum might not be the place to go.
  • Harry .....
    images-7
    images
  • Ron,
    I recently saw a commercial for die hard batteries with Bruce Willis. This guy you pictured has too much hair to be Bruce, must be a stamp collector from the past.
  • Well, since nobody else has said it yet, I will.

Yippee ki-yay, stamp collector!