Just don't get it

edited December 2020 in Questions 2 LikesVote Down
A long time ago I stoped doing offers, it was just getting out of hand. Now I politely turn down any request and that's the end of it. But sometimes I get individuals who feels I should be doing offerers and some get upset that I did not accept their offer, even when I tell them I don't do offers. Anyway that's my rant for the day. Happy Stamping. :-)

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I guess it's really up to the individual seller as to whether they do or don't entertain offers. In my case, I do. I do get lowball offers and I will often counter the offer. Sometimes we can get to an acceptable number, sometimes we don't. I look at it as at minimum an opportunity to sell an item. I've also found that many offers are very reasonable and in fact result in multiple item sales at regular price that are added to the offer order. To each their own right?
  • I agree with you 100% and I don't mind when some people ask, I just don't understand the backlash because you don't accept their offer.
  • Gotcha. What can one do? I just shake it off and agree to disagree and move on down the road. Life is short and nobody gets out of it alive anyway, right?
  • edited December 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    Yeah, that's odd. As a seller, you get to decide if you want to entertain offers, and which offers you choose to accept. As a buyer, I can either accept your terms or not buy from you.
  • Well, that's one way to look at it, Scott. Here's another, and it applies to buying or selling anything. A sale is made when both parties agree on a price. There are many ways to arrive at that price: auctions, offers, set prices. But unless buyer and seller agree on a price, there will be no sale. Neither buyer nor seller hold an advantage.
  • I'm not sure that's really significantly different? The key point is that neither side can compel the other to take an action they don't want to take.