USPS Slooooow Delivery

Here's one for the record books...

In early November I sold a couple items to a customer in KY (I'm in FL). I shipped the item on 11/3 and it was at the distribution center in Cincinnati on 11/9. Since then this package has gone back and forth from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh with neither distribution center wanting to actually deliver it. It has been to Cincinnati 9 times and Pittsburgh 8 times.

Check out the tracking history here:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114902307224730347729

I finally reached out to the USPS and they said they have flagged it to be pulled out of its endless loop. I'll believe it when I see it.

This is the kind of stuff that just makes me shake my head.

Joe
PNJSTAMPS

Comments

• 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I recently had an order take 13 weeks to be delivered. It went to New York City from eastern Pa. about 70 miles.
  • yes, and they were selected to handle ballots?
  • edited December 2020 0 LikesVote Down
    Six days later, and it's out for delivery.

Yeah, I've been checking periodically.
  • USPS slow delivery is getting MANY people very antsy. Some customers are more patient than others. Not much the sellers can do! Southeast US really seems hit hard. Is Atlanta like dead in the water or something?
  • 12 days and counting for a stamp order from USPS.com .....................

Tom
  • Tom, the good news is it might only be 2 more days. My last order from USPS took 14 days. :)
  • I just had a tracked order go through Atlanta. While things moved quickly through Oklahoma and Texas initially, once the item reached Atlanta it just stopped moving for about four weeks. Finally moved on through to Alabama and was quickly delivered.

I now have a Priority Mail package heading from southern Oklahoma up into Illinois. It took about four days to get to Tulsa and it is now in limbo for the better part of a week. So much for Priority Mail three-day delivery.

So it looks like things are slowing to a crawl everywhere.

The strangest one I just saw this morning. I had an Amazon package coming from the vendor by FedEx. When I checked the tracking this morning it stated that it had left for delivery at 10:08 PM. I am assuming that as soon as it got loaded in the delivery truck in Wichita Falls, Texas, that they recorded it as heading out for delivery. But is it possible they are sending delivery trucks out at that hour in the evening in an attempt to try and catch up with all the packages pilling up?
  • What is an acceptable amount of time to wait for a purchase to arrive? I have 2 that are going over 3 weeks now.

Thanks
  • Only took 72 Days to Atlanta GA. but they delivered it.
  • Lucky you! I mailed an order on Nov. 16th to Calif., I just got it back Dec 24th has "Unable to deliver"! The address is good, since I previously mailed items previously. The only thing that could be the cause is that on the address, there is a "B" shaped like a "8"!
  • LOL. I had one mailed to Florida come back In about a week. Unable to deliver no zip code. Must not know where Florida is. No Zip No delivery
  • So if a seller is ignoring my emails and I don't have my order what recourse do I have if any?
  • I sent a piece of ephemera to the director of the Arnold Arboretum at Harvard. It was returned 4 weeks later with "Address Unknown". I took it to the counter and the address was correct so they just remailed it - it eventually got there.
  • "So if a seller is ignoring my emails and I don't have my order what recourse do I have if any?"

If you paid via PayPal, open up a case with them (which can be done on the page for that transaction on the PayPal site), and regardless of how you paid, open up a ticket on this site using the 'contact us' button at the bottom of any page.
  • Hi, Jeri!
    Jeri said: "Tom, the good news is it might only be 2 more days. My last order from USPS took 14 days.:

Good call, Jeri. Mine arrived the day after I posted. Only 13 days for my order!

Tom

• Thanks George! I used paypal so I will check that out if needed. I also sent an email to "contact us" yesterday.
  • edited December 2020 0 LikesVote Down
    Make sure you read the sellers Shipping Instruction & Returns Policy. If they offer tracking & ins. and you don't pay for it??? But the seller should answer you. Maybe sick. I would go the PayPal way to get your money back.
  • I sent stamps to Houston 59 days ago from northern Indiana.
    Where could they be stuck?
  • Big problems with USPS. Orders from USA. to Canada, I consider myself lucky if received in less than 3 weeks. Orders from France are 4 or 5 days.
  • I sent an order to myself and have yet to receive it. I'm thinking about leaving myself negative feedback and never ordering from myself again.
  • Ron, how do you do the taxes on that purchase?
  • edited December 2020 4 LikesVote Down
    I filed a complaint with PayPal and they returned my purchase amount but now have frozen my account. I'm still left with PayPal and Hipstamp fees but at least found my ordered stamps where I last left them ....it's all so confusing. I was going to re-list the item but I'm afraid I might try buying them once more and get booted off Hipstamp if I complain again for lack of delivery. I need some more eggnog.
  • I think it is just the nog!
  • 29 days.. seller is ignoring me now. IN TRANSIT. i reallly don't want to have to get ugly. This is a very reputable dealer also. I'm fairly surprised.