Sort Store Items by Private_ID

It would be helpful to be able to sort my store items by the Private_ID number.

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I second that request.
  • I third that request.
  • Very good suggestion. This is a missing functionality on Hipstamp!
  • If you use sequential private ID numbers then sorting by recently listed is one way to go. Personally i would down load my listing and work with them in Excel for maximum flexibility.
    Rod: You did not indicate what problem you are trying to solve with this feature?
    Mike
  • Yes downloading an excel file is one way to go. On eBay you can sort by private ID's so you can tell if an item was not listed.
  • Michael, sorting by recently listed doesn't necessarily put them in sequential order. I had an issue with bulk upload where about half my items did not get the image attached. If I could have sorted by private ID, I could have been able to troubleshoot the problem (as it were I waited for over a week for Tech Support to give me any assistance). As it was I had to just scroll through all of them to figure out the beginning number and ending number. I did sort by recently listed, but that did not work to put them in sequential order (they ended up in some groups in order like 123-130 then 148-160 then 131-147, but not in actual 123-160 order).

• I'd like to bring this request up again. It would make things a lot easier when filling orders. Currently I'm filling a 1,000 stamp request for the same stamp. I have a few thousand of this stamp listed. I can narrow it down a little, but I'm still needing to jump around a lot. If they were in order, I could simply pull a page of listed stamps located in one box and then delete the entire page at one time. Currently to make things easier, I need to skip listed stamps in order to pull only those in a particular box and then individually close those listings. Adding this feature won't help with this order, but the buyer plans to order the remaining 4,000 stamps later this month.
  • John E.
    Try downloading a Sales summary in the Reports section. With a little deft deleting to make it readable you can sort by the private id column. I use this method to transfer all the info I need to a picking ticket that is easy to read and in Location/Stock order.
  • I started out by using the report feature, but then realized that won't help much. While this allowed me to pull the stamps faster, I didn't have an easy method to delete them. So I went back to opening a selected number of listings and then visually selecting those located in a particular box. I can then pull and delete. Unfortunately I might have a 2 or 3 of the same type stamp in an envelope and must go back to the same envelope when those stamps appear later in the open item list.
  • Just another plug to get this feature added. With all the problems with the website over the weekend, doing a verification of my listings would be much easier if I could simply sort by Private ID.
  • We'll back your hopes on this mission! Would be a simple fix, and would assist the many Sellers who use Private ID's! It took us 10 years to understand how Private ID's work, and we just wish we understood the process 10 years ago!

Good Luck with your mission Rod!
  • Yes this is a definite since you can not sort by the title although that would be nice also.
  • Are we getting any traction on this request?

This is a very important tool for any seller!
  • Hi!

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion here; We’re always looking to improve and feedback from our members is one of the most valuable tools we have in determining what to build next.

We'll pass this request along to our product team to review, as well as add a vote to this request internally.

Thanks again for your suggestion, and if you have any other ideas, please send them our way!

Best regards,
    Anj
    Hip Support
  • This has been planned since September 2016 and yet still doesn't exist. There are groups of items I don't list here because it is too difficult to maintain without the ability to sort by private id.

https://www.hipstamp.com/forums/discussion/380/search-by-private-id-prefix-and-sort-by-private-id#latest
  • I ran out of gas. Do I hear a "collective" cheer