delivery!!!!!

THE USPS COULDN'T DELIVER A LETTER OR PACKAGE NEXT DOOR TO THERE BUILDING FOR WEEKS. THE PROBLEM IS THEY ALL HAVE THE ATTITUDE IT GET'S THERE WHEN IT GET'S THERE. JUST GO INTO ANY . POST OFFICE AND CHECK OUT THE WAY THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS IT'S LIKE YOUR DOING THEM A FAVOR. !!!!!!!!!!!!TO BAD UPS OR FED EX DON'T DELIVER MAIL.

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That is unfortunate - there are places to file complaints. Our post office is staffed by people who do care so it is not ALL postal employees.
  • J. Monroe ------- You sure like to paint with a broad brush - I didn't find any of your statements truthful = not everything out there is just the way you seem to see it through your disgruntled eyes.

Just like Carol, our Post Office is staffed with friendly and helpful window clerks.

And I have seen a lot more FedEx personnel with apathetic and indifferent attitudes than USPS delivery people!
  • I agree with the others as well. The employees at my post offices are hard working, and do all they can to do the best job possible.

Never use absolutes in a discussion. You will never succeed.
  • I have 4 outstanding purchases that I have not yet received.

Shipping date:11-21-20 - Germany
    11-23-20 - South Africa
    12-23-20 - Germany
    01-04-21- Florida

The Sellers were all contacted the past week, stating they would check into it. I have yet to received any follow up. I have purchased from these Sellers before with no issues. It can take up to 6 weeks, no big deal. Now the Florida Seller, I had purchased before, but the money was refunded. Unfortunately, the Sellers provide stamps that I typically would not find on the US Sellers store. So there is a risk. The Florida Seller has me wondering what is going on. So at what point do you file a complaint or ask for a refund? I hope I'll receive the stamps soon, but I'm becoming less reluctant to purchase stamps outside the US. I have also contacted the Post Office with my concerns. So that's my 2 cents worth.
  • The mail service is very erratic, as an example.
    Order mailed to Germany 01-21 rcvd 01/28
    Order mailed to to NC 01-15 revd also on 01/28 with the mention from customer "very fast"!
    And best of all order mailed to OK on 11/12...and returned as "No such number" on Jan 27th! After checking with customer, re-mailed on Jan 28th to the SAME address. Will see what happens.
  • Today, 01/29/21, I received some stamps mailed from Serbia on 01/14/21. I bought these stamps off of EBAY. USPS needs to get their act together.
  • Jacques

Your "No Such Number" beat the one I received back and mailed again to the SAME address. Sent 12/4 to NY and back to me on 1/11. Mailed out again the next day. Fortunately she received them this time around a couple of days ago.

Today I received a stamp returned to me by buyer on 1/12 from MD. Fortunately they have been patience and hadn't bugged me for a more timely refund. Apparently 2 to 3 weeks is the new norm for mail delivery in the US.
  • My USPS folk are kind, but lack of eye contact drives me batty at the counter. This famous clip from Zootopia really resonated with people....DMV folk even laughed...
  • edited January 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    Shipments from USA to Canada - three weeks is the new normal.
    From Australia to Canada and vice-versa - over two months.
    From France to Canada - 4 or 5 days.
    Canada Post Missisauga sorting centre - 350 people sick with Covid.

Twice I had buyers in Australia got refunded by eBay instead of contacting me first.
    Afraid things will never be as before.
    Francois
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/stampboutique
  • Today and last week two buyers in the UK informed me they have not received their stamps, which were mailed on 1/14 and 1/22. I have never had a problem with shipments to the UK before. I wonder if the USPS is sending some mail by sea again like they did last year. Just a thought since they are planning to not use airmail anymore in the US unless you use Priority Mail or Express. Mail in Florida is erratic and very slow. I live in the Ft Lauderdale area and all my mail goes to Miami for sorting. If I send something to my neighbor it goes to Miami and back and sometimes takes over a week!
  • With the new VAT rules in place, I'm sure that there is going to a lot of problems shipping merchandise to the UK for a while. Many of my UK customers are quite upset about the new 20% VAT charge.
  • It's my understanding that you can't ship to UK unless you register with them and collect the 20% VAT and that shipments without prepaid VAT shown on customs form can/will be held, delayed or returned to sender by Customs. Please check discussion on this forum title "UK Vat." As a result of this, I no longer sell to the UK.
  • I just went to the UK website regarding VAT, and it states postage stamps are exempt from VAT. See link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-added_tax_in_the_United_Kingdom

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/wilton-philatelics
  • Clarification is needed, as my link above was from Wikipedia. The Gov.uk link below spells it out, but that was from 2018. I could not find out anything more recent. Too confusing, but I have never had a problem sending stamps or covers to the UK, until recently when a couple items have not arrived. Perhaps Royal Mail is scrutinizing more incoming mail.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/postage-stamps-and-philatelic-supplies-notice-7018
  • This is from the UK gov

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/postage-stamps-and-philatelic-supplies-notice-7018#other-stamps

The only stamps, postal stationary and FDCs, that do not get charged VAT is UK and Isle of Man mint stamps that are still valid for use as postage in the UK. (And VAT is charged on any amount you sell it for above face value.) All other stamps, postal stationary and covers are charged VAT)
  • There should be a reciprocal agreement between the US & UK, with regards to stamps and philatelic material. The US does not levy any Customs duties on stamps brought/sent to the USA, at least in the past. I do not know if this has changed. When I receive auction shipments from Europe there is no duty collected on arrival.
  • edited February 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    There will be no duty on stamps going to Europe, the UK and to Canada ( and many other countries) but many countries have a national sale tax, VAT ( Value Added Tax) , GST ( Goods and Services Tax) etc and these taxes will be applied to stamps, just as they would be applied to sales by a British Dealer to a British Collector. It's not a Customs duty they are collecting, it is a sales tax - have to make sure our Governments have lots of money to waste.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/fatdanes-stamp-store