What does IND stand for?

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm at a loss for understanding what the letters "IND" stand for in a listing description. I get "BIN", "Buy It Now", but IND? I'm sure I'll have an "Oh, duh." moment as soon as I learn.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • “I’m not dumb”
  • I would guess the seller is using IND as an inventory location, the majority of USA listings are from the same seller
  • edited February 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    Hmmmm,
    "I need dough"
    "Intend no delivery"
    "Impressively nice dealer"
    or more worrisome: "Instant nuclear destruction"
    And for all those who thought otherwise, I'm not dum either cause I was an English majer
  • IND is the stages of life.
    1. I Need Diapers
    2. I Need Dollars
    3. I Need Dentures
    4. I Need Diapers.

Now you know!
  • HipStamp rules state, explicitly:

Item titles may only contain information directly relevant to the item itself.

Item titles cannot include private ids (also known as SKUs, or your own unique product identification numbers).

I was just browsing a store here that had quite a few listings with MD in the title, and I could not, for the life of me, figure out what that was supposed to mean.
  • Minor defect I believe
  • I've noticed quite a number of stores as well that have private ID's in the description as well. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that anyway with the 80 character limitation. And, there is actually a place in the listing process to enter the private ID which is how I do it. Very handy for me making it easy for me to find the item when it sells. I learned that lesson the hard way when I first broke out with my store. LOL! But Carol might be right...could mean minor defect but I would typically put that in the item detail. I think (my opinion) is the that the description should be essentially...what it is, what it's basic condition, who/what/where/when is on the stamp, and maybe the catalog value. Basic stuff. Then, as they say, the devil is in the detail(ed) description. Perfs, defects, watermarks, any additional relevant information, etc. Just how I do it and of course everyone is different and that's ok too.

Not sure what IND might mean though. Indiannapolis? Indetermind? I'm Not Done?
  • There is a private ID field to use for all that.
  • I think these are listings either brought over from ebay, or written to be placed on ebay as well as HS, and ebay does not print out private IDs on their invoices, so sellers stick it in the title.
  • That makes sense.
  • I asked the seller and this was his response: "It is just a personal inventory count. It has nothing to do with this or any of my other listings."