Time Limit For Non-Receipt of Order

Asking advice on how to respond to email received a few minutes ago concerning an old order. Message simply said....

"have not received yet"

The stamps in question were ordered on 8/1/2019 by an international buyer and mailed the following day. At this late date I don't know how they could possibly know if the stamps were received or not. My guess is they may have forgotten to mark them as "received". I know I have done that, but certainly wouldn't ask a seller to make good at this time. Just curious on how others would handle this situation. I normally refund on lost orders, but don't know if that is even possible on this order.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • John,

The buyer has 180 days to file a dispute with Paypal for non-receipt. If you had a USPS tracking number you could verify whether they got it or not. (Unless you give the buyer the number the seller is the only one who has it. The onus at that point is on the seller to show they shipped it and the buyer actually did receive it.)
  • I personally think this is a ridiculous request. A year and a half later?
  • Wayne,

Yes it is.
  • This is WAY too late to give you notice. The "statute on limitations" based on the law of common sense is invoked. Man, this is a weird one.
  • If it were I, I would most likely be a tad sarcastic and say "I will look into it and you should hear back from me in no more then a year and a half!" But hey, that's just me.
  • yep.. no refund due at this point. i would also have Hipstamp check to see if he has sent letters like this to others. a scam?