Apologies to Jerry Burkhart and others

Jerry recently called out those people posting off topic comments in forums which distracted from their original discussion, often resulting in a loss of focus and an end of serious dialogue. I have been guilty of this and upon reflection I can see his point is well taken. Since I responded to his objections publicly in forums he created, it seems right that I own up and apologize to him and others that have seen damage to their forum topics. Though not my intent, I've come to realize inappropriate humor is something I need to be more careful with. To that end, I wish to both thank Jerry for drawing attention to this and apologize to him for my posts and the ill-advised comments in defense those posts. I purpose to be more constructive and more judicious with levity here. Again I'm sorry Jerry.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • no problem at all, I am just as guilty of that. :-) LOL
  • edited March 2021 4 LikesVote Down
    Ron:
    I don't think you need to apologize, the forums are a democracy, not a dictatorships. No one, other than the moderators, should be able to decide what is, or is not, an acceptable post
    Mike
  • Well said, Michael A.!!

That was my reaction as well, when I first saw the dictate for 'do not enjoy contributing anything here other than strictly following MY RULES ON MY THREAD!'

You have nothing to apologize for Ron L. -- don't let one member put an end to your clever rejoinders!
  • Meanwhile, I'm waiting for Ron's other "shoe to drop" LOL
  • Ron no need to apologize a little humor is always appreciated by most. Jerry, toots his own horn to the point his posts appear more like spam.
  • edited March 2021 4 LikesVote Down
    Nice Comments- Watch my store go away And Me. No one needs to put up with people like this. Any attempt to disrupt the little old boys click club here is free game to attack. This is why this site will never make it. :-) later guys.. continue the abuse! :-) I'm out here along with my 2000+ listings. they added a lot to a site that has very little to offer as far as better material. Keep it up - run everyone off and you get what you deserve.
  • edited March 2021 5 LikesVote Down
    download-1
  • Rene:
    One of your best!!
    Mike
  • Remember back in the days of Stamp Wants and we would all wonder off topic? What a great way to get to know each other. Amazing how the topic always came back around and the discussions were so knowledgeable!
This discussion has been closed.