Shipping Time

How long should a buyer expect to wait for the seller to ship an item? I ordered two items from the same seller three days apart and neither has been marked as shipped. This first item was ordered almost a month ago. I realize that with postal service delays I need to be patient, so I would think that a seller would want to ship as soon as possible.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Why not ask the seller if the items have been shipped?
  • There is no reason for a seller to "hold" shipping an item. I ship the same day the order is received unless its very large which can take an extra day or two. Covid is a poor excuse unless the seller got it! As for shipping times, things are pretty normal, A shipment to the USA takes anywhere between 3 to 5 days. Australia still takes more or less a month. My latest Europe are all within 7/10 days. Mail is slow if the seller is slow....
  • edited April 2021 4 LikesVote Down
    In guess I normally expect something to be shipped in about three business days? That’s just a gut feel based on experience, thought.

A couple of exceptions to that:

1) If the seller clearly states that they ship on certain days. If they ship on Friday, and I order on Saturday, I realize that it’s going to be a week.

2) If my order is going to take some work. If I order 250 inexpensive stamps, spread across a variety of countries and years, I realize that it may take a non-trivial amount of time to gather things. I’ll sometimes even let the seller know that there is no rush.
  • Glenn hasn't replied to Carol's Inquiry about asking the seller. Communication is the key. So many things can happen in a person's life. If you want to know, then ask the seller when you should be expecting the order.