How long will the love-in last?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2016 1 LikesVote Down
    Hi Michael,

image001

Please check out the attached picture. These are the custom categories that I built for both USA and Germany. I relied on these to further breakdown USA and Germany, due to specialized nature of the items I listed. I never had a problem with customers finding anything; on the contrary I had quite a bit of business for both USA and Germany because my inventory was broken down in better detail than BidStart provided. That is another reason why I am pushing for custom categories, then the buyer does not have to guess how I listed the items (the same argument for USA General Issues). If you look at Paul Smith's store, without more subcategories, how else are you going to get through his 412,000 USA listings?

I do use a CSV file to upload my items. However, I do not want to start over and relist everything -- the work involved with the photos would be too overwhelming. That is why I have been asking for a CSV file of my current items, so that I can update them in bulk without having to rescan them. I have not uploaded any new items on HS, my last batch was on BS. Even though we can use the BidStart bulk uploader instead of the HS one, I will not list any new items, because if I used the BS uploader, I would still run into the problems of stamp format and stamp type.
  • Hi, all. l want to put in my two cents worth and just say I for one am very excited about this new site. It is definitely a learning experience, but I would just ask that everyone take a deep breath and be a little bit patient. Also double check things a couple of times before saying something isn't working. It may be a temporary issue, or it may just be that you're mistaken because you're expecting it not to work. There are some issues but Mark has been responding to them so quickly I'm astounded. This is going to be worth it when the dust settles!
  • Well said, Mickey - thanks
  • I agree. Some people who have posted seem to be all too easily agitated. Makes me wonder how it would be to deal with them as dealers.
  • Micky, Jeri & Ted -- I agree completely that all the whiners here need to either be patient . .

. . . OR ELSE JUST SUBMIT A PRIVATE HELP TICKET! There is no need to subject all of us to your grousing when your problems are very specifically your own!

I had a hiccup in payment yesterday, sent a ticket to Mark rather than complain about it here in the Forum, and he responded quickly even though it was nearly 2 am his time!

I hope the persistent grumblers and gripers here will stop acting like the sky is falling and just chill out. Things will get fixed when they're fixed!

Now, . . where's my morning coffee?

• Yes I completely agree (* a million)

Be part of the solution not part of the problem
  • I am going to add my 2 cents here for what its worth. Bid Start was a disaster from the word go. I have sold thousands of items over there and several times a month I'll get an order for items that previously sold months or years ago but never fell off the site after the sale. Needless to say we have had many more than gracious customers who accepted the refund when one was needed and took it in stride.

We are currently building our own area specific website for our German & East European philatelic material but will definitely keep our store here and grow it quickly. Our sales on Hip stamp were more than double what they were on Bid start and we expect that to continue.

Give em hell mark! We're with you & behind you over here at Rueppel Philatelics!

David & kitty
  • Mark, I had hoped you fixed that. I noticed if a customer was searching on Bid Start, Some of my listings would not show for about 15 min. Well when you have a large volume That can be 1,000's of listings.
    Paul