How does the resolution process work

I'm a new seller and have had my first buyer not pay after several days. I've contact them a few times and gotten no response. I went to resolutions and marked it not paid. What happens now? Does hip contact the buyer? How long should I wait before cancelling the order? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • why don't you use the CONTACT US link and ask HipStamp?
  • I'm looking for a general description of the resolution process - I searched through the help pages and there is nothing there. I can contact support, but I would prefer to use that if I have an actual problem. I'm just trying to learn how hip works.
  • Michael is right, contact HipStamp. I have never had a non paying buyer on here yet.
  • I had several non paying buyers when I ran auctions. That is one reason I stopped, plus on average the realized price was much lower than I receive when listing in my store. I don't know if HipStamp has a designated policy specifying a specific number of days, but after 3 messages without response and 3 weeks, I canceled these orders and requested a refund of my HipStamp fees.
  • Thanks fir the various comments. I will contact them. I guess I was expecting that there was some kind of process that happens when you mark a sale as unpaid. I guess there isn't. Not sure why they have a "resolution" option then. If they tell me anything different I'll post it here for general information.
  • So there is some kind of process but it is much more low-key than at the EB. It seems that if the seller communication doesn't work, your only option is to cancel the sale. In my years on EB I've never had to actually cancel for non-payment. Somehow eBay always gets them to pay. Here, in a matter of a few weeks I will have to cancel a sale for non-payment. It's ok, just different and a little less robust.
  • Don't have any experience with EBay as I'm not a big fan of them anyway as a buyer (my opinion). I have had a few (2 or 3) cases where a buyer did not pay for an item(s) on HS. I have had a good experience myself with contacting HS and simply having them cancel the transaction. I have given the buyers enough time to execute the transaction but at some point it became clear that, for whatever reason, they didn't. On top of that, the item(s) were unavailable to anyone else while they sat in limbo. In every case, HS cancelled the transaction quickly and I never heard back from the potential buyer. I guess it would kind of like if you had a brick and mortar storefront and someone comes in and say "I'll that item from you so set it aside and I'll be back in a week to pay you". Someone else comes in and wants to pay you for it but you can't sell it because the guy said he will be back later. As the saying goes...money talks and well.....you know the rest. I do need to focus on using more commas though,,,,Best of luck to you and you're new store!