SolvedPrinting store invoices using Firefox

edited September 2016 in Bugs 1 LikesVote Down
I have been having issues when printing invoices using Firefox. The invoices are always cut off on the right side even when I use the "fit to page" option. Works fine with Chrome but I do not use Chrome that often. Can we find out what to do to get the invoice to fit correctly when using Firefox?

Comments

• 24 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I had the same problem today, but hadn't considered the possibility that Firefox (which I use) might be the problem. I had no idea what might be causing the problem. I've already mailed that truncated invoice with the order, but I think about ½" to possibly ¾" of the right side of the invoice info is lost when printing the invoice. Essentially, the dollar amounts in the right column are cut off.
  • edited September 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    I don't use Firefox much anymore, and switched to Chrome for different reasons, but one of the upsides of Chrome is that I stopped having a lot of trouble getting things to fit on the page to print. Often had a lot of problems in Firefox. So maybe using Chrome even just for printing invoices might be a workaround for now?
  • Ken and Thomas,
    I assume you didn't have this problem when printing invoices using Firefox and Bidstart?
  • Thanks for the quick reply Ken. That would mean that the problem is with the new site, not Firefox.
  • Same here, Paul. No problem with BidStart.
    Thanks Thomas. I haven't set up a seller account yet. Had been on Bidstart for a number of years. I use Firefox too, so this is a concern to me.
    I'm not a web design expert but from what I understand it is the designer who should be checking for compatibility issues with the site over all the major browsers.
  • First let's all remember how many YEARS it took Ebay to make their site user friendly and how many glitches and gotchas still exist.

Second -if you want to print a proper invoice using Firefox just go to your upper toolbar. Open "File - print preview". Set scaling to 90 percent and print. It will catch all three columns (Quantity, Price and Subtotal). You can go to 80 per cent if you want it a little smaller.

Most sites print differently when going from browser to browser.
  • Carol, thanks for the info.
    Of course eBay was the first out of the gate. On-line selling sites have matured greatly since then.
  • eBay still has glitches all the time. If you don't experience them yourself as a buyer or seller, consider yourself blessed. Just read or join some of the eBay seller discussion boards around the web (not necessarily just the ones that eBay itself hosts, where they can edit with a heavy hand) and you'll see new and re-occurring problems frequently.
  • Hello All,
    I just printed my first invoice after my first sale 21 items-WOO HOO. I tried printing in gray scale and got a blank page but when printed in standard it came out beautiful...
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/ross-stamps
  • I believe the issue was when you have several Private / External IDs. We've just rolled-out a small update to try and address this. If you're still having an issue - please let us know how much of the right side is being cut off.
  • Mark

Mark

Here is what I get in Firefox without reducing the size

Scan J - 1
    Is there really any need for the Bidstart ID #?
    My preference would be to have the Hipstart ID and Private ID on a line above (or to the left of) the item description similar to how it was on the Bidstart invoices.

Ken W.
  • That is about the same thing I get when I use the "PRINT" button - that's why I went up to the toolbar.

If it helps it is exactly the same problem I ran into when my bank made their on-line account information friendly for mobile users - and the same solution.
  • Thanks for the additional info. Ken, what version of Firefox are you using? This can usually be found in the About/Help menu?
  • It's 48.0.2 which I think is the latest version since I just updated three or four days ago.
    KW
  • FWIW, version 47.0.1 here.
    It appears it's not FireFox itself, but a combination of FireFox and the printer you're using. We're not able to reproduce the issue (which makes it hard to fix). However, try it now and let me know if there's any difference at all.

Also, if you do select "Shrink to Fit" does it print ok then?
  • I'm still using Win7.

It's a little more truncated now. Before, I could see the left edge (usually just the "$") of the $xx.xx in that right-hand column. Now, the column is missing entirely. I don't have a "shrink to fit" option, but I don't have a standard printer. Using an Epson R2400 for my prints and all other printing. I'd have to figure out a % reduction to get the entire invoice to print properly. Besides, the default font in the HS invoice is already very small (maybe 7-8pt) and shrinking to fit wouldn't be a good idea even if it were an easy option.

I hate to have to log into PayPal for each sale, but the PP packing slips print just fine from there as they always have. And with a larger, more readable font. Haven't tried an invoice from PP.
  • Mark
    No difference
    I use two Epson printers: a WF-7610 and a WF-3640. Windows 7 Home Edition
    The invoice is reduced to fit automatically when printing from Internet Explorer and Google Chrome but even when I click "Fit to Size" in Firefox, the right hand side is cut off.
    I also have an issue with the editing "hi-light color" in Firefox: In Firefox, it is a pale yellow and hard to see. In Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, it is the standard blue color as it always was on Bidstart.
    Ken Wensley
  • Can you try it again now...
  • Hi Mark
    Type is small but it fits the sheet.
    Thanks
    Ken W.
  • Now if we can the hi-lighting color issue fixed, I'll go back to listing.
    Ken W.

• CRobertJ: Mark the ld BidStart invoice was better looking and printed out in larger type. Your website is also hard to navigate. BidStart as a whole was a better site!