New listings from some nice new acquisitions

edited July 2021 in Promos 0 LikesVote Down
Recently acquired collection of Ethiopia and have now listed most of it. Nice material, all hinged but mostly complete sets. Early to '90's. Also a couple nice "barn finds" from Trieste including a really nice C17a. More from the Trieste group to come. Just FYI! Also just added some nice Newfoundland sets. Check them out. Reasonable offers are always considered.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-bentley-collection?show=store&keywords=ethiopia
https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-bentley-collection?show=store&keywords=trieste

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Oddly, I see nothing when I try to view these. Says the store is empty.
  • Hmm...maybe I sold them all....

Nope! I just clicked on both links and they both worked for me.
  • And yet, it still doesn't work for me.
  • That is odd. Shouldn't have to but try right-clicking the link and copy and pasting it into a browser window maybe.
  • They work fine for me also, i am using Chrome browser
  • Greg, funny you mentioned that because I did that the first time it didn't work for me.
    I'm starting to wonder if it's a location issue, since it works ok for Michael... I'm in Japan. Do you have something set to not sell outside the US? Maybe that's just blocking me from seeing stuff I can't have. ><
  • I currently offer for sale only to domestic US customers. Shipping costs, etc. covered at length in another forum thread. Having said that, I pretty sure that just being outside of the US does not prevent one from viewing items. In fact, I have received offers from international buyers so I know they can see the items. Can you navigate to my store through the HS website without using the link? If you can, do you see any items available? This is a bit odd.
  • Hi Greg.
    When I go to Stores and search for The Bentley Collection the store appears in the list. And next to that there is a small banner that shows a few items. If I click the item, I can see it. But if I click the link that shows over 2,000 items in your store, or your store name, it shows me nothing. I'm 100% certain that is because you have your store set to domestic only, and I have my location set as outside the US. So yes, I can see your listing if it comes up coincidentally in like a "ending soon" list, or your featured items (whatever shows up in the store search), but if I go to your store, then I see zip.
    This explains why I have gone to a few dealers stores here and found the store "empty" as well...
  • Hmm, interesting. Maybe you are right. I'm going to reach out to my HS rep and ask him how this works.
  • When you go into the stores there is a box on the left that says ships to. If you only ship to the US and they select any other country no listings should show up., because the seller doesn't ship to that country. Which is why Scott can't see any of your listings.
  • Maybe that's it. I guess I need to revisit my international shipping policy, again. Thanks!
  • Yes, that is it. I don't ship International and have a friend in Australia that can not see my store.
  • Good morning. I clicked on your hyper-link just now and was able to see your offerings just fine.
  • Cliff, are you located outside of the US?
  • No, good old USA
  • From what I've gathered from this thread, if you are located in the US and I ship only to the US, then you should be able to view the store listings. If you are located in a country to which I do not ship, you would not be able to see any of the listings. Thanks!
  • Greg,
    That's only partially true, as I've been recently "burned" by this.
    If I go to your store by link like you posted, or I go to the search stores, find yours, click it, then I see nothing.
    BUT... there are conditions where I can see your material. For instance, when I search for your store, there is a little "preview" that has about 3 items in it. If I click one of those, it will show me the listing (but only that one). And I can bid on it. In addition in Featured items, or things that are close to ending that just end up in your home page preview, I can click those, and I can bid on those.
    Here's the down side. I did that recently on an item that was selling in a few minutes. I won. Then I try to pay it, and it says the seller won't ship to my country. So now what do I do? I'm obligated to pay for the item, but he's not obligated to send it to me, through no fault of my own. (I can't see what countries he will ship to when bidding the item), and even if I could, it's not in the item description unless they put that in the description.
    So this is catch-22. I asked the seller to just cancel the order, but it's still sitting in my "waiting to be paid for" items. so that hasn't happened.
    And he hasn't communicated with me since my offer to just have him send it, and I would pay for tracking (registered mail). So... it's not black and white.
  • Sorry Scott,

Got distracted recently. I have very little experience with auctions items as all of my listings are store items offered at a fixed price but entertaining reasonable offers on them as well. The odd thing that I have been careful about is a situation I had a few months back. I had an offer made on an item which I accepted without checking where the buyer was located. It turned out he was located in The Netherlands. How he was able to even view any of my store items at all is puzzling based upon the comments in this thread. I managed through it after contacting my rep at HS and made a one-time exception for him to ship to The Netherlands. I now, of course, check if the seller is located in the states before accepting any offers. It did and does strike me as odd as to how this buyer could even view my items if I do not ship outside of the US. Hmmmm.....
  • Hi Greg,
    When I do a store search (click on the Store search button, then put in say, just "Greg" and click search below it) I get 12 stores that show up, with yours being the 4th. In the line that your store appears on, there are 4 items visible... a "teaser" of what's in your store (same for anyone else's store that comes up). If I click on one of those items, I can see the item, and I can bid on it/make an offer on it.
    But interestingly, if I click on your store name, then it tells me there are no items there. If I go back and click on the far right entry (the one that says you have 2,100ish items, then it also says there are no items to view, and when I search for your store again THEN, your store shows up 4th in the list of that same search on Greg, but now, there are no leading items. So sounds like there is a "bug" in the way the listing shows.
    The other way (and this is how I got burned), items that show up in the "Popular" or "Recent" or featured listings on the home page, if one of those happens to pop in there, then it can be selected and bid/offered on even when its from a buyer who is not on your list country(s).
    I'm sure it's a problem that occurs rarely (infrequently) but still can occur...
  • Yup,

Probably some bug in how our items are indexed in their system. Not really that big of a deal as long as I keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Greg