PayPal Fee Increase

The latest PayPal increase went into effect yesterday. I had a few transactions and the new rate of 49 cents plus 3.49% was applied. I had a small order which with shipping only totaled $1.95. With the postage and paypal fee I actually lost 11 cents on this transaction. Even on larger amounts now - I am going to wind up loosing money on many of my sales. I will just have to raise my shipping rates. Between this and the postage increase coming this month - this is getting to be a real problem. These were US sales - I assume the rate for international payments must have gone up as well. Is there a way to set up a minimum order amount for payment with PayPal ? What are pther sellers doing for this rate increase? (Here is an easy comparison For a $5.00 sale total the old PayPal fee was 45 cents now it is 66 cents) Thanks, Steve

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nope. Calculate your average sale, and figure out the total fees you pay for all aspects of the sale, including supplies (paper envelopes are jumping in price too). Then you have the shipping and handling fee that you should charge.
  • I realize this has come up before, but to save me time sniffing around for it, would someone be kind enough to outline the steps required to adjust the S&H fees on all the items in my store in one fell swoop.

This, of course, is in response to those greedy PayPal bastards having raised their fees which, incidentally, suddenly makes eBay's payments system way more attractive.
  • Go under members area, under listings click open. On the next page there is a little grey box on the left hand side that says listings, click that and you can check all your listings at one time. Go to the bottom of that page and click bulk edit. You can change your shipping and handling from there. Remember you will also have to adjust your default shipping and handling otherwise any new listings will be at your old rate.
  • Thank you, Michael ! That worked swimmingly !
  • Thank you Michael. I used the bulk edit to adjust the shipping on 1351 First Day Covers. Later I will edit one country at a time as we have many high value stamps mixed in which require special tracked shipping. Your directions are easy to follow!