Program Changes

Comments

• I got the [object Object] error when I was editing a current listing. It was a US Setenant and I changed the title from(for illustration purposes) 2220-23 to 2223a(which is the way the scott catalog handles some multiples. I then just went in and changed the cat num to 2223a and the object object went away and the listing was recognized in the search.

Bob
  • edited August 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    Wow, I can't remember ever seeing this kind of agreement in these forums (which are commonly contentious or at least diverse). Sure hope egos are set aside and listing sanity is restored. Haven't listed in a bit and am now rather hesitant until an "all clear" signal has sounded. Is it true a "vaccine" is in the works?
  • "Is it true a "vaccine" is in the works?
    Yes, but its not been fully tested nor has it been approved...
  • I found it easer to close the listing and relist it
  • Scott, to add edits that you overlooked before uploading your bulk listing, just make the changes in your original bulk listing file and upload it again. That is, if you use a Private ID field.
    If you don't, just download a file of the listings you want to edit. It will include the HipStamp ID number for each listing. Make your edits and re-upload. The system will overwrite the existing listings for those IDs.

• Ron, I give you the all clear. None of these problems have anything to do with your store. (Would I lie to you?)
    OK - So I just listed about 35 items. I use Chrome for my browser. It did take me a little longer but it wasn't that bad. The reason it seemed to take me longer was I'm getting used to the format. For some reason, putting the image in first is really throwing me off.

It may be due to the way I listed before. I put a full description of the stamp on all of my listings. To do this I go to the website colnect, I then go to the country I am listing and search by catalog number. 99% of the time I get the correct result. I cut and paste the description. The listing on colnect also has the year. To change the Catalog number/item specifics etc. did not take too much time. Not sure if everyone knows that in the old system if you list a catalog number that is also a valid year (1840-2021) that a stamp was issued, it does not change the catalog number automatically. So, if you create the listing US 2000 from another listing say US 1600, it will retain the previous catalog number (1600 which is not a year the stamps were issued). You have to go in and manually change it. Also, it would not change if you had certain suffixes. If you listed an item that had a catalogue number of 123c or 123f or 123k, the catalog number would not change. This is because it did not know if you were referring to Cents(c), Francs(f) or Krona(k). There may be others. Did not enter a suffix any higher than that that had any issue. You may want to check your inventory for mismatched description/catalog numbers. I would like it to automatically change the Stamp Type/Condition/Format. My listings were all general issue/used/singles so I didn't have to deal with those changes. I could see how I could miss that in the future though.

I did run into a few issues that should be fixed. One major problem is having to attach photos individually. We used to be able to grab multiple images at same time and then reorder them which we can't do now. I also get [object Object] in the catalogue number sometimes but not all the time. Not sure what is triggering that. I also find that I click "List Your Item" when I want to click "List & Create a Similar Item". I guess it is because the former is highlighted in blue.

The other issue that was slowing me down was changing the Topic. Used to be when you clicked on the drop down and start typing it would narrow the choices. So for Politician all I would have to type is "Pol" and the choice was right there. Now you have to click in the Search field for that to work.

I'm sure I'll find some other issues along the way. Definitely prefer the old method. I got used to the 1840-2021 and 'c', 'f', 'k' suffix issues. I think all we wanted to speed things up was to be able to jump to the 4th tab from any of the other tabs.

Bob
  • Guys! It's only been a week! Give them a chance. It's NOT eBay and they do care. Uploading new programs is standard for the summer doldrums.
  • Rich, we all get that. I think that besides the numerous bugs one of the big objections to this whole fiasco was the lack of a heads up. No warning, no tutorial...just a surprise change when I went to list something.
    I'm sure they care, but they dropped the ball on this one, keeping most sellers out of the loop on changes that were coming from the blind side.
  • Doug, I have been contacted by Hipstamp about the shipping instructions. They have abandoned them, you no longer add shipping instructions. Apparently, it was too confusing for customers. :(
    Mark Rosenberg is completely wrong on this one.
    As George said they dropped the ball.

This is what should have been done and it would have been very simple and easy:

The edit your item form was one page and they could have used that template and put a different link instead of the proceed button on the bottom of the page that was originally the last one in the classic listing form which gave you a preview of what you were going to list. A simple listing form that everyone would be familiar with and only one click instead of 4.

The product development team took Mark for a ride and spent a lot of time and of course money to produce something that is completely useless.

Well Mark, put on your Big Boy pants and realize that your sleazeball development team pulled a scam on you and took money from the coffers for a program that should have never been developed and anyone that was involved with it should be immediately dismissed.

Bill O'Malley

Billoment
  • Thanks for the reply, Deborah. Sounds pretty asinine to me. And yet my listing still display the old language, and even if it's wrong there is no easy way to edit it. Would have to use bulk uploaded API, probably.
  • I hadn't thought about the information going out of date and not being able to edit it. Luckily these things will be easy to change with the bulk lister.
  • images-6
    "You can trust me, Ted would not lie"

• OK, I listed a few more things today. Conclusion: it's not horrible, but it certainly is not a great improvement, either. For me it takes about the same amount of time for each entry as the old system. It's not significantly better, it's just different. Guess I won't kill myself, after all.
  • Hi Ted,
    Thanks, but all of those older listings were ports from eBay, and we've now closed that side (so can't "sync" them any longer), so if I made a change there, it might have worked here.
    I saw somewhere you can download your catalog, and make edits, and reupload, so I may look at doing that, but I'm actually really sick for the past 9 days, and just killing my "waking hours" between 20 hour bouts of sleep...
  • One enhancement to the new "list similar" process would be to pull in the current shipping prices when listing similar from a closed listing. Currently (and it was the same in the old system) the shipping costs are pulled in from the original listing which could have closed 5 or more years ago. I realize you can edit the shipping fields but why have to do that when all you are doing is mirroring your current shipping details?
  • edited August 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    Another suggestion...

After creating a new listing a pop up comes on the screen giving you the Item ID. This is cool but should go away when I want to start listing another item by clicking anything behind the box. Now I have to click the "X" to close the box.

I preferred a drop down box for Topic instead of radio buttons.

I have listed about 20 more items without many issues. Once I get comfortable with the listing process, at best, it will be just as fast as the previous listing screen. I don't think they know how fast some of us can create a listing. Like I said before, the only thing that needed to be changed to make the listing process faster was giving us the ability to jump to the last tab from any of the other tabs.

Bob
  • Here's a list of known issues which our team will have fixed within the week:

- Update the Classic Listing Experience Links to work on the Edit / List Similar Pages
    - Ensure Accept Returns Does Not Default to True
    - Allow for Private IDs to be re-used
    - List Similar should keep images from the previous Listing
    - 80 Character Limit in Title Issues
    - Item Specifics Should Always be Automatically Filled in from the Title
    - Allow for Multiple Image Uploads and Reordering
    - Catalog Number Item Specifics Range and [Object Object] Issue
    - Private IDs Should Not Force Caps
    - Shipping Regions Not Always Showing the Correct Region
    - Support Table Rates in Shipping
  • For me, if the pop up is left alone, it self-destructs after about 10-seconds. Meanwhile, I'm able to start the next listing at any point.
  • In our current age of pessimism, maybe I'm a resistant throwback. I am encouraged complaints apparently are being heard and regarded to the point they are being addressed, actions are forthcoming, and responses to these ends are being posted here. It seems wait-and-see is the least I can do. Admittedly, from past personal positive experience with Hipstamps staff, I ought to afford them with more than that.
  • A new bug I just found was on a draft. I usually save duplicates as a draft, then list the draft after the listed item sells. Today I went to list a draft and it went ok if you don't make a change to it, but if you edit a draft it drops the "Rest of the World" shipping option.
  • Well i worked all morning putting in 18 MNH stamps - when you put the scott # in it does not change the Item Specifics # - which i found out none of my listing where in the browser so had to re edit everything - just now went back to the old way of listing and added 8 items within 10 minutes - everything showed up on the listing page and also in the browser and also in my store like it was suppose to - so this new listing is 2 to 3 times faster -lol - I do like the one page listing aspect - used one many years ago - so much easier - i would like to see the shipping and Handling put below the Preference - i like to add the price and private ID and the same time - now you have to scroll down to it - I am 80 yrs old so you know how old people are - dont like change - lol - goin to hold off listing for a couple of weeks to see if they can make this better
    I listed 10 stamps now I need to go back and edit all Cat. #s and condition. I will forget listing any more until they get it fixed .
  • I'm closing all my listings that I have listed with the new listing
  • It would be helpful if when listing country and topic the cursor would automatically appear in the search line. As it stands, I have to click to send the cursor to that line.
    Then when the subject is found, if there is only one option, it would be nice (I think) for the button to be automatically highlighted.
    I offer shamefaced thanks for the improvements recently effected.
    In the list few days I have created a handful of new listings. I can see if everything identified was fixed - using the single page form will be faster. However right now with the item specifics not updating - it is a pain to change at a minimum the catalog #, condition and country name. I just left the year blank because I was not going back to find out that information. I had identified in an email to support that the View My Store button is missing at the bottom of the list similar and edit pages Sometimes after I list several items - I like to View My store - now I have to get out of List Similar to get back to see that.
  • Geez Mark is that all that's wrong ? I have to ask , did anyone test this out before implementing it? They couldn't have or they would have had the same problems we are having. If I had done my job even half as poorly as these guys i wouldn't have had one.
    I havn't listed anything on this site now since this fiasco started and don't intend to. Whomever actually thinks this system is faster is completely delusional. As I said before at least give us the opytion of using the old system if we choose to.
    How about for once giving the sellers what we want.
  • Perhaps a Beta test with a few volunteer power users?