Feedback Issues?

I have not had any feedback since August 9th. I don't get feedback everyday but this is quite a long time to not receive any. I've had quite a few sales which should have arrived during that time. Has anyone else noticed a lack of feedback recently? I haven't had any issues posting feedback so maybe it's just a coincidence.

Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have received more 100 feedback since August 9th
  • No issues with mine.
  • no particular feedback issues in the forums
  • Things seem normal. I get feedbacks from both old customers and new customers after I explain them how to do it. And of course more than half never leave feedbacks anyway even if some of them place an order every week
  • No sales = No feedback, that's the position I'm in. Jacques is right about the % that even bother to leave any feedback
  • Well I do like positive feedback as well as anyone but it is STAMPS that I actually collect!!
  • edited August 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    I started keeping track of unique customers some time ago so that I could distinguish previous customers form first time customers. As part of this process I tracked whether or not I received reciprocal feedback. I was disappointed to find that of my 795 unique customers, 314 did not leave feedback (39.5%). I was shocked to find that 175 of the 314 who did not give feedback to me NEVER LEFT FEEDBACK for any seller (22%). I guess many buyers treat their shopping experience here like they would a purchase from Amazon...
  • I also keep track of all my orders since Bidstart and I cross check with my EBay and Delcampe orders. Its VERY disappointing when you see a newbie leave a neutral or worse a negative after one order and at the same time have customers who have placed close to 20 orders for over 600 items...and not a word! I suppose that these people when they go to a physical store they do their thing and leave without a word!
  • I'll just say - if it helps sellers here feel any better - that Stamp Collectors are FAR more active in leaving Feedback than are Comic Book Collectors!

In addition to my store here, where my feedback runs at an amazing 80% response rate, I also have a store at HipComic where the feedback rate from customers has never risen above 15%!!
  • It's about the same on Hippostcard also.

• I dunno....I just don't worry too much about feedback or lack thereof. If someone wants to provide feedback, that's nice...if not, that's fine too. I try to focus more on providing a high quality transaction and prompt, safe shipping. I have found that doing those things result in higher numbers return customers and the building of good relationships and trust and, after all, that's what really matters to me. Just my 2c.
  • This is all quite true but you're forgetting about one utility that feedback provides. Most of my orders are sent to buyers via 1st Class Mail so their is always some level of concern that these orders will arrive safely at their intended destinations (all a part of that high quality transaction we desire to provide). So...when I have my 'seller's hat' on, I like to receive feedback not so much as a pat on the back, but rather as an indication of a mission accomplished. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but after a reasonable time waiting for the shoe to drop, I start to worry if an order has arrived (and this, in spite of only two or three small orders I've mailed out disappearing in over five-years)(yeah...OK...I'm paranoid).
    When I have my 'buyer's hat on,' I'll leave feedback as a courtesy primarily for this reason, including a pat on the back, if warranted.
  • Good points George. After all, it is called Feedback, not Flattery.
  • I don't blame the buyers for not leaving feedback anymore. It's gotten to the point that a lot of companies have been bombarding buyers with surveys and reminders on every service and every purchase to leave some sort of feedback. As a buyer I don't have the time to fill out a survey every single time I just go to the store to get a half a gallon of milk, or a couple of gallons of gas, or what ever it is. And as a seller if the buyer just leaves feedback and never contacts you if there problem does not resolve the problem, if the seller doesn't check their feedback very often.

• As a seller I am receiving feedback on about 75-80% of items sold. I didn't think the percentage would be that high.

As a seller, I leave feedback for virtually all items sold. I use that feedback to thank the buyer for their purchase(s) and to let them know what date I dropped their order off at the Post Office.

I check all feedback regularly to see what comments buyers are making. For those who give reasons for their feedback, it lets me know what I am doing that makes an impression on buyers.

Usually when someone wants to make a comment on how I can improve, they send me a Direct Message through the HipStamp Direct Message (DM) system. I always respond and make the changes requested if at all possible.

I just checked for items for which I have not left feedback. Two items, each purchased individually, with one in late 2018 and one in early 2019, I did not leave feedback for reasons no longer known to me.

I have also not left feedback for six individual items, with five from one order and one from another order. In both cases it was from individuals I did not wish to do business with. Since I can't block buyers, my method to handle this situation is to cancel their orders when they make them and then make a complete refund of their order payment through PayPal. I still incur the HipStamp and PayPal fees, but this has worked in that I have never received another order from either of these individuals. Both left negative feedback, but I left no feedback in return. I thought it best not to start a feedback flame war.

My final negative feedback (I have 7 negatives total) was for one item from a large order. The individual didn't know how to leave feedback and made a mistake with his negative. He left some very positive comments and then somehow managed to click on the negative button. I sent him a DM and asked why he left the negative and he claimed that HipStamp did it (?).

So overall, the feedback system has worked well for me. I don't really see any need to create positive feedback when the buyer has chosen not to leave feedback.
  • Richard, if it's worth your time, you can request that HS remove erroneous feedback. They've done it for me.