Double charged fees for shipping/handling.

edited August 2021 in Questions 1 LikesVote Down
OK, I'll refrain from going off on how I think charging final value fees on shipping/handling charges is complete BS (and I don't mean BidStart), but I just noticed something that upsets me as well. A customer makes a bunch of offers, which I accept. I incur fees for the S/H, as well as for the sold items. OK. No payment is made for a few days. The same buyer makes more offers a few days later. INSTEAD of adding to the existing invoice, HipStamp creates a new invoices, applies S/H charges again, and takes out fees accordingly. But it allows an option to combine invoices, so I do that. Now the customer will get charged their S/H fees reduced as if a single transaction. But do I get an automatic credit on my invoice for the reduced S/H? Well, not yet! I'm not holding my breath. I suspect I will have to be "aware" and ask for a refund? This shouldn't be on me to request this. They should just do away with fees on S/H altogether (so much for refraining). It's not like they do any service for that portion of the charges that warrants withholding a fee.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • All true, Doug, but still not as egregious as the unnamed site that charges those fees on the sales tax as well.
  • Really? Yikes!
  • Several years ago I allowed payment by other methods than PayPal. I did this mainly to allow customers outside of the United States to make multiple purchases from my store (I have never held auctions). I only went this route when I noticed that I could combine multiple orders into one when using this method of payment for store purchases.

I had one customer in Canada who made several purchases and I combined them into one order in order to cut down on my customer having to pay $10 shipping for each order (I was shipping with customs form attached so had to ship by this more expensive method). I noticed that only one shipping charge was applied to the combined order. So everything was going according to plan.

When my monthly payment to HipStamp was collected, it seemed a lot higher than I thought it should be. HipStamp had collected their 8% from each shipping charge on each of the orders before they were combined but did not subtract their charges on the shipping when the orders were combined and the multiple shipping charges disappeared.

I contacted the HipStamp management and asked about having those multiple charges on the shipping from the combined orders deleted. They refused to do so. The end result was my ending payment other than by PayPal and eventually ending any sales outside of the United States.
  • Greed kills and as in Richards case they have lost money for sales outside the country so they and up shooting them selves in the foot.
  • I thought it would just be a pain to have to request the refund each time. But they refused to return fees for services they didn't even render and "sales" not even collected? RIDICULOUS!