Why change things if they work? I am sure there are many features which need attention

2»

Comments

• The new listing format sucks
  • Just keeping the topic alive.
  • The new listing format can be thrown into the dumpster.
  • And you can't even download multiple pictures of the dumpster at one time
  • edited August 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    In case folks had not noticed, the new listing format now allows for the selection of multiple images at once and also the ability to rearrange the order of images once they are loaded

One new issue that I saw with latest listing format, when using the list similar, the new listing is created with a start date of the original listing. As an example I created a new listing 8/23 from an old listing from 8/21 and the new listing shows up with a start date of 8/21. This would be an issue for any one going to your store and looking for the most recent additions.
  • The ability to rearrange images was available on the previous version as well.
  • George, I was referring to updates to the new listing format. I should of made that clear.
  • The new listing format just got a new improvement taken from the old listing format, multiple images and changing them around...now maybe we can go on to real improvements that didn't exist before?
    Like moving QTY from its hiding place and put it with Pricing. This would save time scrolling around and certainly diminish possibility of mistakes if you don't scroll all the way down the listing page like now.
    Balance of info could be placed at the bottom of the listing page since it doesn't have to be reviewed for each and every item. Things like "Allow offers", "Schedule start", Seller info", "Currency", "Location", "Return Policy" could all be bundled up at the bottom of page since they are not changed ofter or ever.
    Then HipStamp could finally improve something that was promised 5 or 6 years ago. Topicals!
  • I heard that you can now add multiple images and co-ordinate them I thought I would take a look at it and I still can not find where to set up a scheduled time which is an absolute needed function.
    I am still waiting for implementation of a choice of the type of listing page you wish to use.
    This having to go to the "new" page and wait for it to load before you can click to use the "Classic" listing process where you have more control and is easier to read.

I am getting really fed up with what is going on here and I am seriously thinking about re-opening my store on eBay again and deal with their managed payments even though I have been with PayPal since 2001.
  • Once you have to manually type in the 'Year of Issue,' which happens most of the time, heaven forbid you adjust something in the title. If you do, the date you just typed in disappears and you have to go back and type it again.

Equally "enjoyable" is anywhere on the listing page, if you add a comma where there's supposed to be one, the system makes the space between the comma and the next word disappear resulting in a crowded look.

I've tried really hard to work with this new format, but it doesn't save time (it actually wastes it) and is full of bugs and poorly done.
  • Actually, the system erases the date of issue when you adjust something in the description as well. I just went back to add a 'period' to a sentence, and the system scrubbed my date of issue requiring me to go back and fill it in again for a third time.

Its also awesome the way some of my titles are being truncated by <...> even though I'm well below the 80-character limit.

Calling this new format a POS leans towards being too complimentary !!!!