When are you going to do a peferance update to the listing forms

Mark,

You need to do an update to the listing forms so that it is easy to use the "classic" version with out having to wait for the new form to load and then have to click to get to the old version.
The new version is horrible and it is very clunky to use especially when you want to include a number of scans in a listing.
This adds a lot of time and time is money.
As I have said before you should have a spot where you can select to use the "new" version or the "old" version.

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited August 2021 4 LikesVote Down
    Totally agree. I always use the Classical listing. And it is really aggravating to be required to change to what I want to use. Why do programmers think they are wiser than the rest of us?
    internet sites are always wanting users to do surveys. Apparently HipStamp does not want to know what the results of such a survey would be.
  • In the last week, I have been revising and listing new items and I've used the new "improved" way. Now I can use it almost blindfolded and its still absolutely NOT a gain in time, and to make things worse, its opens the door to listing mistakes. But I'll keep using the new format (and criticize) because I doubt very much we will return to the old format. The best thing to do, is keep using it and "bug" the programmers...some small adjustments have been made in the last week, so maybe we will have a truly improved version.
  • I listed several new items using the new List Similar form today. It took me awhile to figure out that you MUST CLICK underneath the solid line when you put in the description - in order for the Item Specifics to update. If you do not click under that line the Item Specifics DO NOT Update at all ! On the old form it was automatic - so I have to remember to do this otherwise the Item Specifics are wrong. Also the Year does not seem to fill at all many time - just once in awhile - not sure why that is happening but if it is not filled in I leave it blank. I also wish that after you do a listing that the VIEW MY STORE button at the bottom be added to the new form - I like to check my listings after I do several.
  • edited August 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    This whole new form is a complete mess and I wish that they would make it where you can set the preference so you don't have to sit and wait for the page to fill before you can click on the link to the classic version.

If they do not fix it soon I will be forced to go back to eBay and deal with the managed Payments BS even though I have been with PayPal since 2001.
  • I don't find a store for you on HipStamp.
  • Yes John my store is as above. It has been extremely tedious listing on HipStamp and now this mess makes it even worse.
    I have been dealing in stamps, coins and sport cards since the '70's and I have a ton of items to sell besides just the covers I have listed and I have thousands of those.
    On eBay I used Auctiva to list items and it was very simple. Here it is a pain in the rear.
  • Still waiting for the ability to not have to have that stupid new listing form when I want to list similar or do an edit.

I tried to do an edit using the new piece of crap and it came up with no images and the shipping instructions were missing.

I WANT THE OLD LISTING FORM!!!!!
  • Sure hope the collective will of us listers is heard and acted upon.....soon
  • Still waiting.
  • Since the last corrections to the "improved" listing, nothing has happened. I use the new format everyday and except for the photos/scans section nothing happened. In fact, things are worse than before.
    As soon you make a revision to the title section, you just create a extra job to have to fill the date of issue. Once done, when you dare touch the description section the whole screen goes bezerk and you have to scroll down again to return to the description section. What a mess!
  • Jacques,

Yes the whole thing is a complete mess.
  • If you sell fixed price on FeeBay and have linked accounts, you never have to use the new (or classic) listing process on HipStamp.
  • Cliff,

I sold on eBay for 22 years and left when they tried to force me into Managed Payments in June since I have been with PayPal since 2001.

I also manly sell auctions so the new listing form is a pain in the rear.
  • I am bringing this up again:

Mark,

You need to do an update to the listing forms so that it is easy to use the "classic" version with out having to wait for the new form to load and then have to click to get to the old version.
    The new version is horrible and it is very clunky to use especially when you want to include a number of scans in a listing.
    This adds a lot of time and time is money.
    As I have said before you should have a spot where you can select to use the "new" version or the "old" version.
  • I always use classic view - and it always loads immediately. Can't figure out what anyone is talking about when they say the new version takes a long time to load. It doesn't. Then click the classic link and away you go. Rich
  • That is what I do also and since I have multiple open since I have selling, closed, sold and my scheduled auctions it slows down the loading of the new stupid listing form.
  • I have started listing using the new form. I am getting used to it somewhat. However, I noticed that the YEAR is not being filled in on a consistent basis. Now perhaps I never noticed it before on the Old Form but it is so obvious now. I see the catalog number and condition changes as I do the List Similar but the year sometimes updates but other times it does not or just remains blank. I could care less about it since I beleive most buyers go by the catalog #. It still is annoying to me that there is not a VIEW MY STORE button at the bottom of the page because after I list several new items I like to see them in my listings. I need to go a different page to get back so I can click on the View my store.
  • After review my existing listings, I have notice that the years don't always show up, so I don't think that problem is unique to the new form. You can eliminate the need for a VIEW MY STORE button by keeping a second tab open. I also check my listings and simply refresh by open listings tab. The newest listings are shown at the top.
  • What is a peferance update???
  • The new entry form is like a suggestion I made several years. I recommended that "View me store" be placed at the top of the page so one did not have to scroll to the bottom to see our stores. I was told this was a good idea and a year later I was told it was still on the things to be done but still no change. I agree with the year problem, but too many times when it does appear it is wrong. Also, why is the default on pricing always the auction. Why not let us set which one we want to use. Too many times I forget this field and must edit thus using a lot of time.