Shipping on time and Feedback left?

Shipping on time and Feedback left?

i do hope everyone here understands how to be professional and polite. Take the time to actually ship the items you were paid for. Also at the very least leave feedback after the buyer has purchased, paid and left you feedback if you shipped the item out. from me a guarantee.. if you do not do this you will not get a 2nd purchase.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In my case I always ship within 2 business days. I make it a point to send a Email to the buyer to confirm actual mailing and I even include a scan of the actual enveloppe so he knows what to expect appearance wise. (I always use real stamps, and not common regular stamps!) And finally I always leave feedbacks...thanking my customer for their own feedback. If, I don't get a feedback, I just leave a short "OK feedback".
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/directmaildiscount
  • As soon as any buyer has paid, I will leave them positive feedback since at that point, they have fulfilled their part of the transaction. Then I hope they will do the same once their stamps arrive and everything proves satisfactory.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/docgfd-coversnstamps

• I used to do this on EB, Del and when I started on Bid, but I found that the reciprocral was almost nil.
    I've "upped" since I've been doing this. Because in my book, as long feedback is not received they haven't filled their part of the transaction. Knowing they've received their order and that they are satisfied is part of the transaction.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/directmaildiscount
  • edited September 2016 2 LikesVote Down
    I can see both points of view but as a buyer you need to remember they paid in good faith assuming they will receive what they paid for eventually. The buyer could also feel they have completed their part of the bargain after paying and it is then up to the seller to leave feedback .."first". I sell also so i will always just leave feedback when it arrives assuming some sellers see it differently. On ebay i have it set up so feedback is left on payment as it really does not matter. :-)

what really gets me is to see sellers that don't ship timely (or at all) and no matter what.. are too lazy to leave feedback
  • I don't sell here but occasionally will make sales on ebay. Like George, I leave feedback as soon as the buyer has made payment. If the items purchased are sent with tracking then I know when they are received. I also will know if the buyer is satisfied if they don't contact me to report a problem or ask for a return. About half of my buyers will leave me feedback after receiving their items.
  • i also leave feedback as soon as items are paid for, then mark all paid, i ship the same business day or next depending when the order comes in. also proably receive better then 50-60% back. i have been doing this for years now. on many site ebay, back in the day amazon and several other sites. rescently on bidstart and now with hipstamps. my sales now with hipstamps are really taking off and i know will get much better. i have been running a 100% positive for years now customer comes first
  • I feel as a seller it is incumbent on me to take the high ground and leave positive feedback when payment is made, for as George said, the Buyer fulfilled their obligation. Yes, often it is not reciprocated, especially here (thusfar). But that's besides the point.Leaving appropriate feedback does a service to the other sellers and the community as a whole.
  • As a seller I couldn't care less if a buyer never leaves me another feedback. For me the repeat business is far more important then if they leave a little pat on the back. The feedback was made out to be far more then what it was suppose to be thanks to Ebay.

As far as leaving feedback for the buyer,I feel it's far more important to get their order shipped and let them know it was shipped. Sometimes I do get busy enough that I can't get to the feedback right away. Would you rather have your order shipped out in a timely manner or getting the feedback right away?

As a buyer I couldn't care less about the feedback. I want my stuff in a timely manner and as it was described.
  • i also feel the sameway. some of my best high volumn customers never leave feedbak. the main thing is repeat customers. i do not do feebay anymore which now i,ll stick to hip stamps
  • edited September 2016 2 LikesVote Down
    I purchased and left feedback on 7 sellers received out of 9 sellers - 2 multi lots have still not arrived- one item i received a note acknowledging my purchase from about 9 sellers. one person left feedback initially (first) out of the 9. two left feedback only after I left it first. 4 did not leave feedback after i left it first. Two multi lot groups, i assume at some point will arrive without feedback to date. Say what you want about ebay feedback but the results are a lot more professional than this.

I will say the delivery rate has been ok here (this is good) except for the guy with 50,000+ feedbacks that has yet to deliver 3 lots, leave feedback or thank me for the purchases. I hope the items arrive else it is PP filing time. funny that the larger dealers are the ones that could care less to act professional. the other lots are from Eastern EU so that is understandable. When a seller is unprofessional to the buyers they hurt the site and the rest of the sellers.

the way you handle your buyers is what makes a site work for everybody or not work. There is more than enough items on Ebay to use up most buyers' budgets and if they are treated better there - that will be where they mostly purchase exclusively
  • I have found that the rate for the larger or smaller sellers is not much different. There are some of the smaller sellers that can be just as bad or good as the larger sellers. I have seen some of the larger sellers that will go out of their way to act professional also.
  • I ask for feedback to be left so I know they have received their order. Otherwise I'm left in the dark and have to think, no news is good news and they have received their order but were too busy to let me know. I understand it's just a number and really doesn't mean anything unless it is a negative, then I will worry.