Bulk Edit

How does bulk edit work? If I wanted to change the description, how would I do that? How do I change, for instance, all the items in my listings that are listed under New Zealand. I am looking at changing the description, the shipping, the postage, and the accept returns. How does the system know what changes to make or apply. If I have 4 different changes to apply to all New Zealand items, do I need to do 4 separate changes or can I group all 4 changes into 1 mass change? As I understand the bulk change process now, I would beed to make 4 separate changes to the New Zealand items.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think you would be better off down loading a csv file of your New Zealand listing and making the changes in your favorite spreadsheet program, then upload the changed file in the bulk lister program. You can make multiple changes in the file.
  • Tom, yes if you use the bulk lister, you will need to make 4 changes.
    The alternative is to select all the listings that you want to change and "download" a generated csv file. You can then you something like Excel to edit it. You can make all your changes, and then just go to "bulk lister", select that file upload and check the "don't update images" box (which should be on by default), and then it will update all of your modified listings.

BTW, there is some SERIOUS funkiness going on between the "New Listing" form and the "Classic Listing" form. You can only bulk edit on the new listing form, but there are sometimes different data in the classic form (particularly around shipping setup). We had a big debacle with that earlier this week, so be careful.
  • Tom,

If you go under members area, selling, listings you can bulk edit 3 of those at one time. Just type in New Zealand under the search box, bring up those listings. Click the grey box on the left hand side and you should see select none, select all on page, and select all matching listings, or you can check each of the listings you want to change. Go down to the bottom of the page and click bulk edit. Go through that list and you can change those items all at one time. Click edit on each of the items you need changed. (You can change the shipping, postage and returns all at one time) After you get done with that then click update and those things will be changed for you. (If those are changes you want to make for your defaults you have to remember to change those in the proper places.)

The changes you can make from that page are certain basics only. Listing settings, feature, seller location, shipping, returns and prices. You can not change the description or images from that page.

The bulk edit under the sellers area DOES NOT take you to any of the listing forms.