Expertizing

Can someone please tell me what expertizing services are recognized by Hipstamp. I believe I saw a list of 3 somewhere. Next time I will stop what I'm doing and make a note. Also, if I use a service that is not recognized by Hipstamp, may I mention it in my listing if I add a disclaimer? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've not seen where expertizing is accounted for within the HipStamp data structure. Over on HipComic, there is a dedicated field for it in the upload (item_specifics_05_certification), but I haven't seen that type of field as part of the HipStamp bulk lister tool. If I've missed it here, I'd appreciate it if someone could point out where it is.

FYI, the options on HipComic are CBCS, CGC, PGX, Uncertified, and Not Specified.

I can see where it would make sense to add that here as well. The structure is already in place on the HipComic side ... it should be easy to add item_specifics_08_certification to the HipStamp bulk uploader, with a variety of available options.
  • Thanks Robert, if I do run across it I'll post.
  • Okay I found it under Terms: •Numerical Grades (Stamps), and prices based on Numerical Grades (such as SMQ Values), can only be displayed if the item comes with a Graded Certificate from the PSE, PFC or APS.
    If you type in graded stamps on the home page it comes up with the graded listings but I guess you have to use one of these services. The way I read it, you can't even mention it in any of your listings unless you have a Graded Certificate from one of these three services. I'm not sure why it would matter as long as you list the service you use. Oh well, I guess they have their reasons. Thanks again Robert.
  • PSAG should be added. The APS does not currently issue graded certificates.