Positive Auto Feedback Policy Poll

As most are aware by now, HipStamp has instituted a policy whereby positive feedback for a sale is automatically generated if after 45 days the buyer has left no feedback themselves. Now, there is another thread already running that discusses debates the pros and cons of this new policy so I really don't want to re-hash that here. What I really want to do get a feel for whether buyers, and sellers for that matter, like this new policy or not or are are indifferent to it.

So I will ask a simple question. Do you like the new feedback policy? Do you not like it? Or are you indifferent to it?

Please try not to get "into the weeds" on the whys or why nots. We can do that on the other thread.

So...agree, disagree, or don't care.

Thank you all for your input on this and have a great day!

Comments

• 63 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm a "neutral, leaning towards negative." The reason? I have all of my inventory scans on my laptop (and in the clouds), so the one benefit I see from this personally is that I can go thru all the automatically generated feedback and then delete the corresponding scans from my hard drive (yes, tedious as hell, but sometimes its nice to just perform some brainless tasks, esp while enjoying a cocktail or three). I still have a ways to go, but have cleaned up lots of Mb's so far.
  • I find I can't disagree without explaining why. So, into the weeds I go to explain my concern.... I believe the new policy will have the impact of generating more neutral and negative feedback. There have been several occasions when I have been less than pleased with a sellers product or service and posted NO feedback because I felt I was better to formally post nothing. The new policy assumes that the seller has done a stellar job of satisfying the buyer unless a neutral or negative is posted. That is not always the case.
  • I can't disagree with Bob Hatch about the unintended consequences of making the feedback automatic but would caveat that if a buyer is disappointed in a transaction you should let the seller know before leaving negative or neutral(which is commonly seen as a soft negative) feedback. Mistakes happen and it could be non malicious intent. If the seller is interested in customer retention then they will try to make it right. If not, feel free to leave neutral or negative feedback.

My 2 cents.

Bob
  • edited October 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Like George DeKomfeld I kept scans of sold items, now I can throw them out! Which I did anyway after a year. And I also agree with Bob Hatch as to the consequences.
    So I don't like the idea because if a buyer is for some reason not happy why doesn't he contact the seller?
  • I don't care, but they can put the automatic feedback at the tail end of the real feedback, that way if someone leaves a comment I can see it.
  • Feedback? We don't need no stinking feedback. Just another stupid system of control invented by the bureaucrats. I assume everyone is happy unless they bitch. If they do, I hope it's to me first. So I guess if your looking at positive, negative or indifferent, I'll say indifferent, just don't care.
  • What Don said.
  • I am happy with the automatic feedback, although I think Bob Hatch made a good point that I wouldn't have thought of in his post above.
  • Hate the new thing. Makes feedback essentially worth less. I am a collector of stamps not a collector of feedback. Of course I do appreciate it when a buyer CHOOSES to make the effort to leave feedback.
  • Automatic feedback BIG NO - do not like or agree with it on any level. It creates false data, it potentially misrepresents a buyers view. 45 days is not appropriate as many orders take longer than that in these covid times from some countries to other countries, and even before covid orders could take longer than 45 days, there is more that just USA to USA sales on this marketplace, buyers who want to leave less than perfect feedback are being treated with total disrespect, I could go on but I hope that is enough to convince whoever that this is one very irresponsible and basically fraudulent action, certainly not in keeping with any standards or ethical values I and cddstamps abide by.
  • Disagree with it and do not understand the purpose.
  • From a buyers perspective I think it's great. I don't have waste MY TIME to leave feedback for every good transaction. I know before hand that IF there is a problem that can't be resolved I can still leave the proper feedback for that transaction.
    If I know that after so many days that positive feedbacks will be left for me automatically that removes that from the limited time I have so I can look at more stamps to buy INSTEAD of having to take that very same time to leave positive feedback.

From a sellers point of view it doesn't make one bit of difference to me, I think the whole thing is being overblown for what the purpose of feedback was meant to be.
  • The feedback thing is totally unnecessary.
    It's even destructive if you ask me.
    I'd be happy if it was done away with all together. It was an "eBay abomination", there was no need to drag it over to this platform. As a buyer and as a seller, I see no point in it.
    I don't leave feedback every time I buy something at Walmart or McDonalds. Why should I do it for stamps?
  • Why are we still having to "deal" with leaving buyers feedback when I just don't to it anymore. (It made more sense back in the days of mail payments but not anymore especially with now almost all the payments are made via Paypal and almost all of the orders are placed even BEFORE you can see a buyers feedback now.)
  • Scott,

If you were to go over to Hippostcards forum, you would find that there isn't a single word about the them leaving automatic feed back at all. I find it funny that none of the postcard sellers or buyers make a big deal out of it at all and yet on Hipstamp years later there are thread after thread about the feedback.
  • it is not a question of thread after thread about the feedback ... in this case it is about automatic feedback.

what is not clear to you all. ????????????????

do you all agree with fake false misrepresentation of views ?????????

how can you not challenge this stupidity ???????

If someone wants to leave feedback, fine .. they can ............ if they do not want to ...that is also ok. but to have it automatically given ........and as positive . how can you not see that this is totally wrong

• The Hippostcards forum has very few words about anything. Never has. It has 1/3 the stores that Hipstamps has and many are inactive (including mine).
  • Sure it is. It's just now it's given a bit different than it used to be.

Can you please explain if the buyer knows ahead of time that Hipstamp is going to leave automatic feedback after so many days (I do agree that the 45 days is a bit short. It really should be 90 days) and the buyer is OK with it and allows Hipstamp to leave that feedback for them because they don't have the time or for some other reason in which they can't get to it, HOW is that not valid feedback if the buyer is OK with Hipstamp leaving it for them? I know myself that at times I have forgotten things on Ebay (I don't go in there very much anymore, mostly for shipping supplies.) that didn't get feedback ONLY because I forgot about it or because I tied up with so much other stuff that I just didn't get to it. I was happy with the purchases and everything went fine, if Ebay went and filled in the feedback for me due to the above reasons how would it be any less valid if I AM OK with them leaving it for me instead of doing it myself?

As a buyer also after dealing with a sick mother who I had taken care of for years and she got really bad last June and in and out rehab, and the hospital for 4 months before she passed away. And I was the one who also had to deal with her funeral and her estate. (It would have been really nice if Ebay had that system so the seller could have gotten the feedback that I would left if I wasn't dealing with all the rest of what I was.) Yet some of you would invalidate that feedback if it had been left automatically left instead of none being left.

How would that be wrong? Please explain. how it would be a false representation if I AM OK with them leaving it? Life does happen and sometimes it gets in the way of doing things that are really not as critical as others things at the moment.
  • Carol,

While that may be true, there are still a number of threads dealing with CRITICAL issues dealing with Hippostcard (IE the Ebay Scync, the cat changes on Ebay et al.) Feedback on the other hand is hardly mentioned at all since Hippostcard started other than times when that guy left you feedback about your shipping.
  • First of all as a seller I am guilty of not always providing the feedback to the buyers until after they provide feedback to me first. If they are new buyers I tend to wait to make sure there are no issues. For regular buyers I post right away because I know if a problem arises they will contact me first and not use the feedback as a way to register a complaint about something that I can easilly rectify. So when this started I had hundreds of positve feedbacks generated by the automatic process. The problem was that they all showed up under the Feedback that I needed to reciprocate. So I had to clear those all off so I could see any new legtimate feedbacks that I needed to respond to. To clear them off I had to give positive feedback back to the buyer. I put a comment that it was Hipstamp who provided the feedback and that this was an old transaction. As soon as I cleared them off - more came in. This was happening for several days. I suspect I will see more within the next few months. Bottom line - I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL !!!
  • As a seller I always leave feedback (even before I know that the buyer will be a pain). I leave it to get Hipstamp off my case reminding me I have 6823 items to leave feedback for in the members area.
    As a buyer here and on ebay, I never leave feedback anymore. Seems pointless as a bad seller will eventually disappear.
    Bottom line: If Hipstamp wants to write more lines of code that probably won't work...FINE.
  • Since positive feedback is going to be given at 45 days, should I leave negative feedback on day 44, if I haven't received the item yet?
  • Wayne,

After doing for over 20 years and leaving over 300,000 feedback between Ebay, and Stampwants Et Al I think I reached feedback overload. I am so sick and tired of leaving all that stuff which has taken away how many hours of PRODUCTIVE work that could have gone into LISTING and working up items for sale on Hipstamp. That in itself has become a detriment to Hipstamp itself.
  • Does anyone think that a seller with 55,678 feedback rating is better than a seller with 1000 feedback rating?
  • I didn't say anything about a seller with more feedback having a better rating than a seller with only a few. All it means on the surface is that the one seller has more sales volume than the other, nothing more nothing less.
    Michael,

Just for your info, at the moment there are at least 3 current threads about the automatic feedback.
  • "Sigh"....I was hoping this wouldn't go off he rails and be a simple poll of opinions, not a compilation of essays but oh well. Like I said in the OP, there are several different current threads going with discussions of the topic. Just like feedback, automatic or otherwise, forums posts are voluntary, so I do appreciate the input. My intent for this poll was/is to establish a record of voluntary opinions of the new policy that can be reviewed by the powers at HipStamp, and believe me, I know for a fact that there are several folks there who are looking at this.

So....can we get back on this thread to simply a thumbs up, thumbs down, or no thumbs on the issue and keep the "weeds" on the other forums? Thanks! I really appreciate it!
    Greg, I saw that coming, as soon as you said, "a simple agree or disagree, please." :neutral: