Positive Auto Feedback Policy Poll

Comments

• Times I agree, Times I disagree and some times I really don't care either way.
  • Automatic positive feedback is just dumb...a participation trophy! EARN IT.images
  • Totally disagree
  • Did I vote yet?
    I don't remember.
    I vote to go back
    To the way it was.
    Everyone writes their own,
    Or doesn't.
    Alternatively, no feedback at all.
  • Mr Duehr wrote
    …….Can you please explain if the buyer knows ahead of time that Hipstamp is going to leave automatic feedback after so many days and the buyer is OK with it and allows Hipstamp to leave that feedback for them because they don't have the time or for some other reason in which they can't get to it, HOW is that not valid feedback if the buyer is OK with Hipstamp leaving it for them?

Yes I can explain…

First, nearly a good point….
    BUT
    second and this is the relevant and important aspect …. Hipstamp does NOT have an OPT IN or OPT OUT feature to make this point valid.

…therefore the data is false data,. it is misrepresentation, it is not data knowingly agreed to by the buyer…… for a system or process to have credibility you cannot have that system or process work on the principle ……..” I said nothing therefore it is ok to do it “ ….. UNLESS there is a clearly defined OPT IN or OPT OUT process.

put another way…. silence is NOT an acceptance
  • Michael Dodd,

Actually they do have it by changing the terms and conditions of using Hipstamp.

https://www.hipstamp.com/terms

Feedback Policies
    Once a transaction has been initiated, buyers and sellers will have the opportunity to leave a feedback rating for each other per item purchased. Feedback should accurately reflect the purchasing experience and be specific to the item received.

If no feedback has been provided after 45 days, Hip will automatically post a positive feedback rating for sellers with the comment “Positive Feedback Automatically Left After 45 days”.

Last Updated: July 30, 2021

Anyone who signed up after July 30 has been joining has given there permission to do so, anyone who signed up before that by using the site has given implied consent that they are in agreement with the terms and conditions.

• Either go back to the way it was, or get rid of it altogether (which would be my preference)

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

• "The eye chooses better than the hands do.
    The heart chooses better than the glands do."
    Harry Chapin
    Decision is thought. Choice is action.
  • They should do away with it as from what is going on with Hippostcard the feedback left by the buyers has dropped to UNDER 30% which indicates that more and more buyers couldn't give a rats behind about it anymore. The feedback system hasn't been really useful from over 3 years now and it's time to realize it's dying and it should be put to rest instead of trying to keep it going with duct tape and bubble wrap. As far as them giving automatic feedback all they are doing is adding more useless information into a system that is becoming almost useless to be used by fewer people as time goes
    by. So as far whether they do or don't provide automatic feedback doesn't matter to me one way or the other as the whole system has become useless as a tool a long time ago.
  • Back to the OP ... I like the decision, but I'm not going to disagree with those who don't. To me, the value isn't in the number specifically, but in the size of the number (to a point). If I see a buyer with single-digit feedback, I'm going to take a few extra precautionary steps when mailing off their purchase. Once that feedback number gets to be in the hundreds (and more so in the thousands), I have a much higher level of confidence that I'm dealing with a reputable buyer (or seller), and don't feel the need to triple-check the order before it goes out. I trust that if I have done something foolish in putting their order together, there will be a reasonable way to resolve it.

Beyond that, I'm a bit indifferent to it (although the four neutral feedbacks I received that say nothing more than "good service" still bother me).
  • As the token customer here, I don't like the policy, but I ain"t upset about it
  • Feeling better amigo?
  • Thanks, Greg. I got home this afternoon after 6 days in the slammer. My copd has been keeping me down for some time now. As well, my left leg and foot were still very sore from my fall. 6 days of good hard air, lots of
    rest and some changes in
    meds have me feeling better if nothing else. We'll see.
  • Good to hear but still no fun.
  • My long answer is not showing up, so I'll say I'm feeling much better but between my leg and my COPD I've got a ways to recovery.
  • Those new stamps heading your way will hopefully help!
  • Disagree, but not strongly.
  • hea Phil -you're not only buyer and i think hs feedback is totally worthless - i only look at neutral or negative and then most are actually buyers trying to blame sellers because they don't carefully read description and to find their complaints one needs to search for them. EBAY i just click the negative or whatever on its own icon and they pop up -like 1 second vs hs idea of making me seach 5 minutes and i might and will miss one or 2 black dots -get it HS????
  • ok Thomas since I'm in SF bay area and raining and bored - I assume you disagree to me - specifically what do you disagree about though really 3 not 5 minutes to search HS comment
  • Steve, he is just responding to the original post question, not disagreeing with you.
  • Steve Culp, I responded to the original post question. Here's why I disagree: I actually do use the feedback to make sure the seller is legit. Positive feedback after 45 days is deceiving, especially since so many don't bother to post the feedback good or bad. Burned once on here but got a refund from PayPal, at present it looks like it may happen again with another seller out of the UK for $100. They have 19000+ positives and 78 negatives, some are because buyers didn't read the 'shipping costs' but there are some because orders weren't shipped and these concern me. I don't want the money refunded from PayPal, I want the stamps. But you're correct about having to search/scroll through so many pages of feedback to find the negatives, after 50 pages with so many 'positive after 45 days' I gave up and hope the stamps show up. So I agree with you but disagree with the policy.
  • A person should be able to see the neutral and negative feedback with out having to dig to find it. By not allowing that is not fair at all for anyone who wants to buy on this site.
    After 22 years of selling on eBay I did not have one negative feedback after 50,000 or more sales. Not all people left feedback and when they bought multiple items only one feedback would be left for the sale whether it was 1 item or 100.
    I left because of the managed payment thing and I miss the fact that I got a lot more sales there with a lot better prices. I just did not like having to give my bank info to eBay in order to get paid. I have been with PayPal since the beginning of 2001 and never had a problem.
  • Bill , you can review negative & neutral feedback just go on the feedback page and look to the left and click on either one.
  • I agree - what's all the fuss about?
  • I think we have already previously discussed the fuss. If you think it's no fuss, then don't fuss, but as for some of of us, there is a fuss, so we shall fuss. Your no fuss opinion which I assume is no opinion either way on the matter has been noted as it pertains to the original post.
  • We are not talking about our own feedback we are talking about feedback for other buyers/sellers.
    That is what the fuss is all about.
  • Referring back to the original post. A simple poll. Or at least an attempt at a simple poll.
  • Greg:
    Exactly!
    Post was highjacked and hence the confusion (fuss)