A Home button in Forum that gets you back Home

edited September 2016 in Feature Requests 3 LikesVote Down
No easy way to get back home from the discussion forum.
The forum home is OK, but no home button link to be seen.
Just under it it says home..but it is not a home button, it is a forum home.
The Hipstamp mustache does work, but you really cannot expect the neophytes to read your mind.
How about a real HOME button anyway? If you are attached to having it in the mustache, please add the words in a mustache.
I actually think many of your icons are not self evident. I was looking to edit a typo in this post, and it took me a while to guess where you had tucked the "edit" capabilities away. And remember that many (most) members are far less computer savvy, so tiny icons are cute and aesthetic, but meaningless to them.
rrr...

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited September 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Ralph,
    Thats just what there is.....
    Ross
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/ross-stamps
    Welcome to the crazy world built for mobile users.

Funny thing though, most stamp collectors are aged 50 plus and don't care about them and much prefer and only use a PC!

Silly icons instead of meaningful words will be one of the reasons why stamp collectors are 'sticking' with eBay.
  • While it may quite correct to say those over 65 don't care about the mobile devices the 65 and unders have them and use them a lot. Part of the reason that many are sticking with Ebay is that they are usable with mobile devices.

I get the Ebay sellers newsletter every month and they show you the percentage of sales by mobile devices. My sales by mobile devices on Ebay have grown to 25% or more per month. (And I am not alone on those figures on stamps and postcards) Which is and was part of the reason Bidstart was slowly dying.

I am still in my 50's,you almost can't go out to breakfast or lunch and see any one under 65 NOT have some sort of mobile device and they use them. In my age group I am one of the ones that is an odd duck as the only mobile device I have is a phone that can only be used as a phone. (I got that type of phone because I want to be able to get away from the computer when I am on the road and I only need the phone in case of an emergency) Everyone else I know in my age group all have smart phones and they use them.
    I turned 65 this year :-) Took programming in college in 1974 on an ibm 360.. (monster) about as powerful as a $2 calculator today.
    I was on BBs before the internet on a Kapro computer that i had upgraded from a radio shack that you had to program to use- both required DOS to use.. point being.. I like many, have yet to get a cell phone- but i have a web site hand created in php with data bases..LOL maybe this year? My fear is i would lose it like i do my reading glasses.. i mean they cost about $500 these days for a nice phone, i would never use. A lot things in vegas to do with $500
    Ross...but the Home button is already there...hidden under the mustache. I am just asking that it no longer be a guessing game. I used to play these computer games where you navigated blindly on a page clicking here and there to find hidden clues or prizes. I feel I am forced to do the same here on Hipstamp in its transition to fully operational mode. And not just with the home button, but also with the miniature icons (on my computer they are small...so I am not sure they are visible on the iphone screen). The game...now, let me see what these little thingies in this corner will do if I click on them one by one is really an old game technology and I graduated already...but I am reliving it again! And I don't think it has anything to do with compatibility with mobile devices! The overall experience is GOOD...let me not under rate it, or give the impression I am unhappy... it is getting better with every use, and with Mark's continued improvements, so I must commend him for responding to suggestions.... but these little details are annoying, so I hope they will also get addressed..in due time, I know. Meanwhile do I need to wear magnifying glasses, and use stickon label on my screen? (little wheel at top right: edit 1 hour...must click..not visible if one hovers over it)
  • Ralph, go right down the bottom of this page and find a link 'members area'. This takes you back to your dashboard. It took me awhile to find it also.