Help hand in hand Mr.Moulton

A place for when those questions arise I need assistance that's all thanks for reading.

Comments

• 26 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There you go! Much better!
  • So since reactivation of my account I haven't been able to reopen listings or edit them only delete and when I try to it takes me to the subscription page dose this mean I gotta pay for December subscription twice?¿ can someone help me on this dose not make sense.
  • What do you want us to do?
  • Advice/direction what to do.
  • Brett, contact Hipecomerce Support: support@hipecommerce.com
  • edited December 2021 4 LikesVote Down
    HELP
  • I still can't find your store. Hope your situation is resolved soon.
  • Ok got my store reactivated myself just had to click the enable store button and payed again for the month of December hopefully next month I don't have to pay 2x 1 months worth of subscription lol

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/moulton-stamps
  • Welcome back Brett.
  • Thanks Scott now after deleting many unwanted listings gonna start doing simple stuff in big piles for cheap then S/S, Sheets, Covers, MNH for a slight increase but fair to best of my knowledge and I'll continue to use what I have to the best I can display/picture what I have until more advanced equipment is purchased.
    Happy Holidays Everyone.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/moulton-stamps
  • Glad to see you back. I wish you success in selling. You had asked for some constructive advice. Hopefully you won't be offended by my comments, but perhaps it will help you better understand selling stamps. First you need to offer good material at a fair price. Based on your feedback from buyers you previously offered some nice lots with multiple different stamps at a fair price which SOLD. Unfortunately, in my opinion, that is not the currently the case expect for a couple of auction items I bid on. For example, in my store I would have listed the stamps individually shown in the US collection for a total of about $6.00. Your postage dues would have been listed for a total of about $7.00. Had I listed the other lots as shown with multiples of the same stamp , my pricing would have been considerably less, probably by a factor of 75% to 80%. Your shipping charges also need to be consistent for the same type material. I didn't bid on the Indian Heads because I would need to pay a $1 each for shipping if I also won other auctions. The Buffalo's are included free, if I win a couple of the auctions. Hoping to see more of your stamps and/or coins, if HipStamp doesn't object, in the near future.
  • Thanks for the comment John very perspective n helpful, I will change the shipping on these auctions when I get home been having technical problems with editing shipping it keeps not editing properly may have to redo listings. I'll be adding a lot more stuff soon including more coin with stamp listings.
    Also thanks for your bids good luck 3 days remaining some good stuff.
    BiN stuff gonna price drop.
  • Brett, not sure how you're doing your edits but... I have issues similar to you trying to learn my way. I don't know if you use it or not, but I have had issues using the bulk editor. There was one time it took a couple hours for all the selected items to change. There was another time I had to make the changes 3 times to get them to stick once. I think there might be issues with the bulk editor. I can get it to work, eventually, most of the time, if I hold my mouth right. Still better than one at a time.
  • edited December 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    I do edits single or bulk editing tool if they of the same type/nature like you stated I too have had to do just that because of the issues editing in general the bulk editing is flawed you have to do it 3 times or more or wait a day for it to stick faster to close the listings and redo it your self just have to search your closed listings page without the garbage broken features the site offers or fails to work how stated.

Been here since July I can say the site has bugs like any site or app technology for that matter is a pain in the butt that said to make use of what they offer that don't work you must then MacGyver your way to success in other words find ways around the broken tools given making stuff harder n more limited to use fun fun this is the main reason gonna keep my small
    store the rock bottom tier costing me $4 a month others paying top or medium tiers I read bad things so no way José small n sweet like the site tools that actually work lol
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Help I fallen and I can't get up....I mean I haven't listed anything in about a month need some ideas what to list that could potentially sell tired of wasting time n not selling what I list reason I removed 20 old listings may do it to the rest n only do Auctions hardly anyone uses Buy it Now! Not to mention I've lowered everything in my Buy it now option any lower it be more profitable to divide those listings.
  • Brett. There are 6.2 Million listings on HipStamp. 12 of them are yours. The chance that a potential buyer searching the site even finds one of your listings is extremely low, based on the math. Something like 1:500,000. That's tough to overcome.
    2 suggestions:
    1. More listings, as in thousands more listings.
    2. Better quality. Don't waste your time trying to sell packages or multiples of junk. Worthless is worthless, even when you've got 500 of them.
    You've mentioned that you have more inventory than you know what to do with. Here's what to do with it. Pick through it and find the stuff that's actually got some worth and offer that for sale. Sell individual stamps and sets. No grab bags. No low-value stamps.
    When you have a store with a few thousand listings of quality stamps at reasonable prices, you will have sales.

• Ok....I think I remember you had mentioned before that you are basically running your store from your mobile phone. If that's the case, you are doing it in the most difficult way possible. Might as well use a carrier pigeon. If you have access to a computer, use it. If you don't have a flatbed scanner of some sort, get one. If you don't have access to a Scott Catalog, get access to one (even if it's a couple years older). Read the front intro of it and learn how to use it.

Go back and re-read the private message I sent you several months ago. Go back and review this page at the IPDA site for help with tips on how to effectively list items in your store. https://www.ipdastamps.com/internet-listing-and-selling-guidelines/

Back away from the temptation to gimmick your way into sales. You may move a few items early on but it is not a good long term strategy. As John mentioned previously, "offer good material at a fair price". Example...I remember you had a lot listed (might have been an auction item) with a scan of about a hundred stamps. Your deal on that lot was that you would pick ten of the stamps that were scanned and send those to the winner of the lot. How would I know as the buyer which ten you would decide to choose from to send me? Why not just list ten stamps from the group and go from there?

So...Use the right tools for the job at hand. Learn the fundamentals first. Stick to the basics (sell stamps on HipStamp). Keep asking questions. Be patient (this is most definitely not a way to get rich quick). Work smarter...not harder.

All I have time for right now.

Greg
  • Ok this weekend gonna try to list more stamps of greater quality anything low value or extremely common will just use as freebies! This year gonna save for a computer, Scanner, & Internet to match the professionals quality and speed god willing.

For now till I get more product out on listings and sales start again will then go to the next stage of 10,000 listings atm smooth sailing.

Also gonna use that info best I can Thanks Greg & John & Scott oh and those Great Britain Revenues I have had up for auction 6 times sold more then half what was listed as for mixture I select yes some duplicates but you definitely get 6-7 different and everyone is unique in it's own way gonna do another soon but update what's left with a new set of pictures surprisingly used the same picture n description on all 6 and Auction price was set at $4-$5 and shipping $1 US $2 Everywhere else oh in that aspect gonna try and use that as my guide n model to sell what's valuable and use the similar listings option to save loads of time and increase listings gonna start this weekend god willing.

Since I can only use a Phone for now bare with my not 100% perfect pictures but I got a steady hand and use 1-2 lighting sources for best color n clarity I can reveal I try to avoid light glare and shadows and I try not to overlap stamps for full view of what you'll receive as for front n back pictures of a stamp not sure if it be worth my time doing this but maybe only high value Stamps like MNH everyone wants to see the Gum Shine Prestine no finger prints, missing glue, cracked glue, etc that is if you like that sorts.

Ok on another note I got about 150 Glassines Filled with anywhere from 75-150 Stamps of world wide mixture some duplicates mixture of conditions like used, MNH, & Precancel considering I have 3 listings right now with x3 glassines each listings with 200+ stamps price is at Buy it now for $3 each and $1 US and $1 additional per 5 lots and $2 Everywhere else
    Not sure if I should make a few big lots of these glassines world wide n start off low see where this so called fair market will go too....but I guess they all so common even in world wide and conditions that no one wants unless they getting them at 10 stamps per $0.01 cent then I see people selling the same common garbage at $0.4-$0.10 each and another additional shipping per stamp but they do each stamp individual listings personally I don't have time to play with Penny's but only in my Coin Collection lol love them Wheat Penny's n Steelie of 1943 let's not exclude Idian Penny.

Hope I left enough room for comments or feedback Wrote a Book Script sorry but not sorry when I am in the groove I just go like a rocket so just fuel it hahaha

God Bless Yall and Happy New Year's sorry I haven't been around much but gonna try to pick up where I left off with a jump start since hey it's a New Year!

• I admire your tenacity and perseverance Brett. Anything I can do to help you succeed and lift your philatelic game, I'm available to you.
    Cheers, and Happy 2022 to you too.
  • What do you recommend?

So I sold something on the 5th in a auction left 3 messages to the buyer no reply or payment they have a 100% feedback rating less then 3 dozen purchases in 5 years and no sales of there own what should I do contact Hipstamp support?
  • I'd give them until Wednesday (next Social Security pay out date). They may be waiting for that because their money is tight. Come Thursday morning....yeah, I would contact support for a fee refund.
  • Thanks George I'll do that come Thursday if still nothing by then.
  • Remember that the site programming was just changed, and was invaded by bugs.
  • Never got the memo must have missed the mass mailing quota for what was changed and what got bugs in this case I assume they want us to find all bugs n issues for them save um the foot work as dose seller's selling every listings with a catalog number n all those details bonkers is the word!