Cashback Offer a Scam?

I received an email from HipStamp offering a $500 cashback on hipstamp purchases made on December 24, 2021 over $2495 or $75 on purchases over $495. I made a purchase that qualified for a $75 cashback. The instructions were to email to support@hipstamp.com. I did this and got a reply asking for the email address on my PayPal account. Am I being scammed somehow? Is this a real offer. Who is this Anna Taylor that also sent me an email about this offer.

There is no way to talk with someone at Hip Stamp to confirm this. Paypal said that giving out just the email of a Paypal account would not comprise the account unless they somehow got the password.

Can anyone give me more information to put my mind at easy or do I lock down my PayPal account at this point.

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • hi James
    Did not benefit from cashback but this is genuine. Hip has been doing the cashback thing for a while
    thanks!
    Francois
  • you have to have a PayPal account on file here to sell, not sure about buying. Likely the same. I'd be nervous. Hip already has it.
  • On a past promotion when I was entitled to a refund, they also asked for my email address. My guess is the person responsible for this promotion refund does not have access to this information. I sent mine and received my refund shortly thereafter.
  • A customer from Nigeria wants to share a windfall he received with me if I email my bank account info. I have enough money so I referred him to Ted and Greg. What are friends for anyway?
  • My family comes from African Royalty (mostly from the ring-tail cat lineage). Having said that, oddly, the promo is real James. You just need to follow the HS process and I'm sure it'll be fine.
  • edited December 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    Ron, I am descended from Nigerian royalty. That was my email you got. I should have told you, along with the cash comes 3 wives, the refusal of whom to accept can bring dire consequences.
  • What a coincidence. I just inherited $20,000,000 from a really nice man who happens to be a lawyer executing the estate of Nigerian oil Barron without an heir . It’s such a stroke of good luck . Plus I just got a great deal on renewing my expired auto warranty! I’m going to buy a share of the Magenta to match my luck !
  • Me thinks, Ted, the acceptance of such can also bring dire consequences. The definition of polygamy is one wife too many. While the definition of monogamy is .....well, the same. You guys bring a smile and laugh to the day.
  • I, personally, myself, of my own free will and of good conscience, am 30 plus years into my last ex-wife. Never again for me....no offense to ex-wives...well anyway.... :smiley: Should I get this post notarized?
  • Heard tell of a recently-divorced woman wanting to get back into the home around Christmas time, but found the locks were changed. Undaunted, she tried to go down the chimney only to get stuck (true story). My advisement to the guy was to light the logs while caroling "Ex nuts roasting on an open fire". Cheers!
  • Back to scams. When I answer the phone, hear a pause, then a "bloop" sound followed by background talking, it seems to be invariably a boiler room scam. Yeah, the car warranty thing has been pushed hard lately.
  • Welcome to the holiday season big guy! I feel a bit like we kind of hijacked this thread though. Pushing 1000 posts on the other one. I'm betting on Bravo for the 1K post.
  • Maybe it's the single barrel Bulliet talking now....nahhhhh.
  • edited December 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Retreating to Fun Silly Chatter before the thin ice breaks and my parole gets revolked. Isn't it kinda natural for a philatelist to occasionally push the envelop?
  • Oh the humanity Mr Lenke , the humanity!
  • edited December 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    Not a scam works fine any issues contact Hip.
  • edited December 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Its a legitimate offer and i took advantage of a similar offer in September. Didn't get the full promised amount back though.There seemed to be a transaction fee of about 6%.