New Hip Stamp

Comments

• Carol, I experienced that and thought it was my computer being wonky. I finally opened a second browser (Brave and Chrome) to do my researching. Crazy.
  • Third world programming, that's a good one. Or maybe it's those Cyyyyyyber Ninjas! At any rate, here's my two cents: every time I try to bid in an auction, I'm forced to enter the amount twice. And then there's that member since 21 May '21 thing. I tell ya, it's those Cyyyyyber Ninjas!
  • I do not like the new site said Sam I am. I do not like the misplaced links and inconvenient location of them. Much more tedious. Fancy looking but not very friendly and functional for users. Seems like they are doing something for the sake of doing it. If it a'int broke....don't fix it. Duh.

Not HS "royalty"
  • So Hip is getting their programmers from India?
  • Back in the day when you were going to do an update you had an alpha version which you tested in the sand box before coming out with your Beta where you had a few people test in the real world. If there were no problems you then put it out for the general public.
    I have been getting little pop ups for 2 days now to update a page and hopefully it does not mess up what I was working on.
    These people have no clue.
  • I keep having to sign in with no rhyme or reason- sometimes no mostly have to re-sign in though.. :-) I'm using chrome browser
  • I think I might have figured out the new "look". So some observations:

I suddenly noticed that the "look" is straight out of the 80's when Bell South offered me a free web space. This is Template A, Color Scheme 55. Makes me feel young again.

At least they have discovered the magic of black type.

They couldn't fool me. I found the tiny little "menu" button hiding in the upper left.

It would be kind of nice if the search bar worked in Chrome - although it works for me with Firefox.

All in all a score of 65% with a question: Why???
  • Has some bugs
  • I have felt immensely better once I LOST ALL HOPE of understanding WHY programming folks always feel "the need" to "change" things that are working fine. The abject despair was comforting. Maybe it is about feeling needed?
  • Do you mean..."Wanted"?
  • My impression of the new look:

Jump, Phil, jump! Good boy! Here's a stamp. Good Phil.
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    It will not suffice to have customers that are merely satisfied. An unhappy customer will switch. Unfortunately, a satisfied customer may also switch, on the theory that he could not lose much, and might gain.

Edward Deming
  • edited January 2022 3 LikesVote Down
    And Ebay beckons disaffected souls with the aroma of rotting baby poop in a sweltering sewer. Oh, there I go again waxing poetic.
  • This is what happens when you have a bunch of programmers who know nothing about the system left run-amuck. Can we go back to what actually worked?
  • What actually worked was the last iteration prior to SG,, It was the old simple architecture - no drop downs,, no csv's all the information you could ever want at your fingertips. You could collect as much data with a few mouse clicks in half and hour that would literally take all day to run csv's now.. And I don't recall ever having to ask questions to fins anything - super intuitive

If I had the money and inclination to start up a similar website I would ask Mark what.the software and templates would cost. - it was that good.
  • Unfortunately, Gibbons owns that now.
  • I have been having problems using the old classic version to list. I will go to sell similar and then wait for the page to load and then I click on the CLASSIC experience which loads fairly quick.
    I then start typing the new title in, move the page down and then it goes back to the original title so I have to start over again. Very bad experience not counting the many times I have to refresh the page in order to get the new update.

These people that are doing this are very, very stupid.
  • Ditto, when in my store, I cannot search for items in other stores in the search bar at the top. Stupid!
  • It's horrible!!!!
    Can't even find auctions on the mobile app. Why they keep breaking what is working well is beyond me.
  • They also removed the "View My Store" button. Forces me to go up to the top and reopen my store to find a listing.
  • You can find your listings from the menu. Simply click it and then listings. Your most recent listing will appear. Same as before.
  • Another new mess up. When checking items that are open in my Members area and I go from listing title to private ID and visa versa the previous number or name will not erase.

Absolutely horrible.
  • There are a number of new problems with the way the site is working. The search box either locks up or it won't accept my mouse highlighting. For example, type in a search such as Netherlands 383 and hit enter. The items come up. If you think ok, how about looking for something entirely different say, France 1020. Try highlighting the entry in the box (i.e. the Netherlands 383) by swiping your mouse to highlight it. The highlighting disappears!. I am used to highlighting and immediately typing in my next item without looking. That kept bouncing me around on the page because it didn't know what I was doing. I was certainly not typing in the search field because the highlighting I did was meaningless! GRRR - this really needs to be fixed. And the other issue, if you are in a specific store and type in Netherlands 383, the search field at the top becomes dead, and won't let you highlight or type anything. The only work around now is to hit refresh and it will let you type. Very very frustrating issues. Thanks for letting me rant.
  • I do have a suggestion for some posters that might be helpful. If you have difficulty finding some particular page that you use a lot, but is hard to find or get to now, you can bookmark it. I added a bookmark for Items I'm watching, my Favorite stores, and Recent Listings to my bookmarks/favorites bar. It's a great frustration easer (if that's correct English!). Thanks.
    Bookmarks bar
  • Why they keep breaking what is working well is beyond me.

Because as long as there are bugs, the programmers continue to get paid since they are the ones who crated the bugs, they know where they are. Then they create more bugs, and have to fix them. Ever wonder why your phone apps are constantly getting updates to fix bugs, when the apps have been around for years? You would think the bugs were all fixed by now...but then the programmers would be out of work.
  • Well...I am a bit concerned if and how this change may affect the customer facing site. Like the sellers stores on HipStamp and our functions that we use everyday, might this affect the comfort level of the customer is there is frustration with the change from their point of view? After all, is that not why we as dealers do this? To provide a quality and convenient marketplace for potential and returning customers. I do hope that this doesn't cause frustration for those who shop with us. Having said that, I have not heard any comments from my customers on this matter but I have noticed that in the last few days since this rolled out, my own stores "views" of items has seemed to slow quite a bit. Maybe it's the crappy material I've been listing or maybe just a coincidence. This gig is challenging enough, in my opinion, without having to deal with changes imposed by "the powers that be" seemingly for the sake of change. I've been saying this for years...."If it ain't broke....don't fix it!". Time will tell I suppose. I also hope that I used my commas correctly.
  • I browse a lot on my phone, much more than on my PC. I experience two very frustrating issues. First, the buttons and tabs are too small for my fingers. Second, the screen keeps jumping around at each change, so that the too-small buttons I need to press play tag with my too-big fingers. It seems that the platform wobbles like a new born deer on unsure legs.
  • Phil,

The page jumps around a lot on a desktop also when ever I am doing a new listing.

This better get fixed soon.

Michael,

Yes programmers now do this and they started doing it a few years back. Programmers now a days probably do not know what the sand box is.

This whole thing is mickey mouse.
  • RIng ring ring...."Help Desk!". "Yes...I'm having a probl....". Help desk -> "Reboot it and call me back if it doesn't work.......this is a recording.....also, did you know your car warranty has run out and we will pay cash to buy your house?".