If You Hate Fun Silly Chatter, Skip This Thread

Comments

• I thought it was the plumber.
  • a6f8eee0146d1f704bb646e8ab05eb07
    Picked up this Canada #4 on Hip this morning. Next, I'll be looking for a #1.
  • Nice beaver!!!!
  • It's not even stuffed.
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Silly chatter - just keeping the forum alive .... absolutely "no" john
    article-2148784-13404410000005DC-458_310x191
  • Again, I remind you all, that is this all Ted's fault. He should all the credit due. :smiley:
  • Perhaps this family legacy of questionable ideas goes back to Ted's (not so) great grandfather who distributed crabgrass as a solution to boringly uniform lawns. Interestingly enough, years later that same man marketed crabgrass killer.
    Yikes, I'm starting to notice too many of my posts out there. Time for me to go out and slug some rats in the neighboring gutters (there's a good reason they call them gutters).
  • DO IT! DO IT NOW! LOL!
  • Keep it alive, keep it alive
  • It was a therapeutic night
    images
  • Yep, fourteen minutes of this guy talking about his fly killer...and he has a toilet paper dispenser on his table top. 22K views (sorry, Bruno here has more views than our brilliant philatelists, sadly)
  • Forgive me, but I think he was too short to get on the ride with the rest of us....
  • Ron, What do you use on the rats, a pellet gun?
  • Naw, I save the pellet gun for magazine salesmen. The photo is actually taking artistic liberty after leaving my facetious post ie: slugging rats. BTW, the word "facetious" is the only example I know of that contains all the regular vowels in proper order. Now, playing with fire on these forums is my preferred pastime and escape from the scary world unfolding out there.
    "Y" a vowel, why not? Oh geez, this could stir up the nest. I'm told its a sometimes vowel, like it's something that hasn't nailed down its gender, or it can feel differently tomorrow if it pleases. I tried to couch my example with the use of "regular" which, of course, is arguably arbitrary in itself. Now we will probably have a schooling on "W" as another one-time occasional vowel (as in "crwth" ... a crowd, I believe). I think this is why we retreat to the comfort of our perforated pals.
  • Hey now! Don't forget our imperf friends! They have feelings too! And the blind perfs come to think of it. Through no fault of their own, they can't see the errors of their ways. Nyuk nyuk!
  • Don't forget, the space between two consonants can sometimes be a vowel, e.g. Jen Psaki.
  • Seems like someone's (Tyska's) nerve has been touched. Ted might one of few remainng members of the long lost Consonanantine Peoples who thrived on the Steppes (ok step) of the rough south side of Bratislava. A hardscrabble life it was indeed but, oddly, fulfilling, in an odd way. They tried, but failed, in their effort to eschew the use of vowels, and in fact, banned them entirely, until the Vowelite Kingdom of the valley off OOOOOAAAAAA invaded and reinstated the use of vowels, albeit limited, which,finally, explains the "a" at the end of Ted's last name. True story!
  • Many people have made a vowel out of the space between the z and k in Tyszka.
  • I remember back in the 1990s we bombed Serbia with vowels. They ain't been right since.
  • Sounds like a real vowel movement going on...
  • Nice one!!!!
    Can any of you catch what is unusual about this paragraph? It's not all that hard if you just find a common omission. It shouldn't wrack your brain too badly. Try backing away from normal scrutinizing, look for what is odd. My additional writing ought to only bring out what's missing. I would think a participant in our stamp community, with a sharp mind and discriminating visual ability might jump up and say " aha, I know what it is!" So look word by word by word, call forth your conclusion proudly, so I can crown tonight's Hipstamp champion with an accompanying "atta boy or girl" award. Tick tick tick.
  • Yep. I'll let everyone else catch up.
  • Well done, Phil
  • Caught up.
    Right, I couldn't mention your or Greg's name in the post, but could have Phil's ;-)
  • Am I in trouble? I don't get it.