New Hip Stamp

Comments

• edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    IT meeting discussing the "improvements:"

• Massive step backward
  • edited January 2022 2 LikesVote Down
    well i can tell you from a buyers viewpoint that having to log in constantly is extremely annoying and unprofessional.. no other site i visit requires this with chrome. I assume they are using some outdated method of authentication that requires invasive third party cookies that most intelligent people block or a time out in the formula. no other site i use does this. This just tells me what I suspected all along .. that the programmers on this site are 3rd rate and really do not know what they are doing. the proof is in the pudding and the ebay sync issue is the icing. How many sales has this site missed because of the sync issue alone? I do know my two stores were closed so that is 5,000 unique one of a kind listings gone due to their incompetence. I suspect hundreds of thousands of new listings are no longer being listed here and nary a word from the management on all this mess.
    I have 10 boxes of 102 cards .. I used to list a few as time permitted but I will not list any until they fix things .. you are correct - it is very unprofessional. I am listing the few I have tine for on another site. Limited audience,, lower prices but great sell through.
  • Change sucks. Especially when you can't see the reason for it. HipStamp has to balance the back room (sellers) and the front room (buyers). Both groups are HipStamp's customers. But their goal is to increase growth and market share and must be focused on the front room, attracting buyers. If the changes make the front room more attractive and bring in more customers, everybody wins. More shoppers, more sales, more competition.

• It doesn't appear that the people at Hipstamp are looking at the same screen that we do. I asked why it shows that I have been a member since May 2021. Others also had this problem. I was sent a screen shot showing my membership date as February 2008. I then sent them a screenshot showing May 2021. They are going to check into it and get back to me. I also mentioned about the page jumping to the next page when I changed the category.

I won't be listing anymore until they get all of these problems fixed.
  • It would also be nice to have the "Visit my Store" button back where it was instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the screen.
  • "It would also be nice to have the "Visit my Store" button back where it was instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the screen."

Not sure what you mean. You can go to your store by clicking on MENU at the top right of the Home Page. Right below that in the drop down that appears is View My Store. Or are you talking about buyers wanting to view your store? I don't see a link at the bottom of the screen for that.
  • Oh boy, more terrible changes. It's been said repeatedly, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" but this bears repeating. I was just placing an order, and after adding items to the cart, there is no number indicating any items in the cart. It only shows up if you go to the cart. Only then you can verify if you have the right number of items. (I was buying only 34 of the 44 store items I was watching.) If you've missed something you have to back out by choosing "continue shopping" and then go find what you were previously looking at! Please stop "fixing" things!!!
    Cart does not have number indicator
  • The old motto was "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Today's programmers now seem to think " It ain't broke. We will FIX that!"
  • HS is getting closer to ebay from which I ran.
    This is a massive step backwards.
    Why change if it worked for so many years well.
  • I understand that if it is sellers complaining we can be ignored. After all we are just a bunch of crybabys. BUT I now see BUYERS complaining. It's about time we hear from the administration as to WHY this is better than it was..
  • This site sucks now. I have to look all over to figure out where anything is. I haven't listed here for months now and I won't be unless they restore the old site. My store here has gone from 33,000 listings to about 17,000 and have been here since march 2005. Like Carol i am listing on another site. Where is Rosenberg been on this crap?? When the sellers leave here the customers will follow. I guess they don't get that.
  • Which site....? Could you send me a link, I'm really getting fed up. Directmaildiscount@yahoo.ca
  • I'm a buyer not a seller, and I have to agree with all of the sentiments about the new site. There are so many things not just different but screwed up. I'm on HS every day and have been for years, but I have been so frustrated with the glitches and changes the last 48 hours, that I've been turning off my pc and doing something else. The changes weren't tested - that's obvious. The search box is the worst! It keeps locking up and won't let you type in it. And even when you have typed something in and try to go back and edit what you typed, it has some "fancy feature" that erases what you type if you swipe it, unless you very carefully stay inside the box! It's horrible and needs to be changed
  • edited January 2022 6 LikesVote Down
    Hipstamp's newly updated user-friendly delivery van
    54cfcee0e37e3_-_fixedit_04_0311-xl
  • Buyer only here. Once I have my Category, then Sub Category selected, I'm no longer able to search within that grouping. The search bar is visible, but when the cursor is placed there, it has no function.
    Not a dealbreaker, but certainly not as user-friendly as the old website.
  • It is almost as bad as when it was sold to SG and sales tanked (my sales tanked 80%). I had over 10,000 stamps listed and ended up deleting over 5000 of them and selling them on another site. .
  • Ron, seriously funny! The site's problems - not so funny. Does anyone know if anyone that runs the site is paying any attention to the complaints? I put in an innocent trouble ticket request the day the site changed, due to the problem with the search box at the top of the page locking up or erasing what you typed in if you touch it! Only got a generic thanks, we'll look into it. Just had a refresh message a few minutes ago so I did that. Now the search box is actually worse. Type an item in, hit search and then after looking back up your browser page to look for something else. The box empties immediately. With a whole bunch of re-typing, the drop down will finally find it. Easier to retype it, though I'm not so happy about typing in "St Pierre & Miquelon C19 -used -u -vfu", in order to only see mint copies--something I do all day long--and then having to retype everything again for one more item. Until the recent changes are corrected, I hate to say it but I'll be on here much less if at all for awhile.
  • Hi Carol. I was just recalling the bad old SG days. What a horrible fiasco. Half the time the site was down for hours. FYI, Jeffrey Whitney, the search box is royally messed up, as my previous posts have mentioned. The easiest work around when the box locks up is to hit the refresh browser on your button, then it clears and the page doesn't change. It's a pain but it works.
  • I just noticed this IT paradise of a site is now also back to listing items as auctions that I wanted to list as BIN items. We've been down this road before, and now the same issue has returned. The designers of this site need to be flogged!
    Could it be that with the many alterations, patches, workarounds, etc. done to the original programming only to wind up with this flawed, corrupted version, that true recovery would necessitate a re-booting of the whole system inwhich all listings would have to be re-entered? The ongoing lack of forthright communication and avoidance of addressing the many voiced issues, suggests something more is involved than simple admissions or corrections.
  • Tried to give you a 'like' Micky Flynn for the response, but like the search engine, I couldn't.
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    And best of all, we're just 2-weeks away from store subscription renewal time (at least for me). Soooooooo......do I renew this work of technical art and HipPC, or move on to greener pastures? Or fully back to eBay? What to do?.....What to do????
  • I don't think any re-listing of all the stamp listings would be necessary since most likely the data is stored in a different file. Using the data file parameters, it is possible to just bring back the former site as the data tags were probably not changed.
  • Has anyone used the bulk uploader since the change? I went over to using that when they got rid of the old way to enter items one at a time. Then a bug in the bulk uploader occurred. That was fixed, then they changed the site programming. I don't want to start adding items in bulk to have the uploads go to a black hole.

Also, since the change over, my sales have dropped to 0. Glad I had some nice ones just before the debacle.
  • This was my previously stated concern Michael. I can deal with the "back room" store side of things even if it is more difficult. My concern was and is the customer facing side of the equation. If the change makes it uncomfortable or inconvenient for the customers, then they will simply find a different place to shop. A tale as old as time. I have noticed in the last week that my sales have plummeted and, equally as important, simple views of almost 70 new items listed on the last week have dropped a lot too. So, it seems, atlhough only a week or so into the new site, it might be that customers do not like the new interface either. Of course, there could be other factors, but the change is noticeable. There is definitely a difference in the last week or so. We shall see I suppose.
  • Michael, I have used the bulk uploader several times over the last couple of days. I haven't discovered any problems with it.
  • I'm surprised that Mark or anyone else from the Hipstamp office hasn't chimed in on this issue.
  • Can't say that I am.