Item Inventory Search (within my store)

Image25

I just did a search for France 564. It comes back with 22 copies in my store, but shows me Ziltch?

Can anyone explain this to me???

Michael & Andrea
LickinGoodStamps!

Comments

• 72 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Oh, and that "Updates Available" pop up is getting really OLD! That is but nothing short of the most annoying repetitive lack of proper coding that I have come upon! And it just won't give up.

Get RID of it (Kindly).
  • Earlier this week, we placed ALL items in our store on sale up until the 23rd of the month. (Almost 100,000 items!)

I just listed 10 copies of Poland B129. Your guessed it right... NOT ON SALE!

Does anyone know how this happens? I am speechless.

Michael
  • It's because your item specifics on those are showing as Not Specified under condition. (which by the way under Europe alone you have 161 items that the condition is not specified.)
  • Hi Michael, thank you for sharing your feedback here. Someone from the team will reach out to you directly to provide further support.
  • Yes that pop up is very annoying and pages are running slow because of the new items on the top right take there time to come up usually about 3 seconds and I have 200MP download speed.
  • Michael, we just finished going through more than 30,000 where Not Specified or Mis-Identified in some way or other. Looks like I have to re-visit this issue once again! Thanks Michael!
  • Joanne, no need for that. I know how to work around many issues on this site! Most are just total annoyances. (like what happened to the spell checker!).
  • And lastly, Bill... I can only dream about 200! More like 9 for us in the middle of No Where!... Just Sucks!
  • Oh, and Michael Duehr, I just did a complete scan, and it seems that there are 4,159 now to be re-corrected! Now that's BS! At 400 - 600 corrections / day.... AND no one PAYS me for that! Ya, I'm so sick of re-correcting errors over and over! 2 years back I fixed over 5,000 errors in my listings. about 5 years back either before or after the Stanley Gibbon's affair, I had re-worked 18,000 listings. Way too much of my time is wasted on this site! Period.

And I was to have been contacted MANY years back to have some sort of Sales Assistant help me with my store. HA! Ya right, A young lady from Buffalo, Megan, if memory serves me right, phoned me once, where we chatted for about 10 minutes. She was to phone me back. Found out later that shortly there after, she LEFT! Ha!.... And the fees I pay for this crap... LOL... The joke goes on. And no, Joanne, no need for anyone to contact me right now.
  • Michael,

Just a suggestion, when looking at your store if they type in used in the search key words bar, only about 9,700 of your items will show up. (Those all have used in the title.) They will only see the rest if they use the condition filter. As you add newer material just add used to the title and it will help with the key word searches.
  • You have to determine whether or not it's worth your time and effort to fix that or to just not worry about it at this time. Now the other thing is you should be able to download those listings into a CSV file and be able to correct it there and reload the file and you should be able to do somewhat quickly. How to do that you need to find out, but on this it shouldn't take you 10 days to do it.

As far as SG and the mess they left me with, I do understand about what happened there. I had to go through almost 100,000 listings between Hipstamp and Hippostcard. I still have over 10,000 on there that the back scans were all lost in the transfer. I also have quite a few on Hipstamp were I had the multiple scans for cover sets and some other larger items that had multiple scans. I have the choice to go back and add those back scans or I have the choice to remove and redo them or I can continue let them as is and deal with rest of the material that I have to list. I understand that those listings are NOT ideally listed, but at the very least they ARE listed and they can sell, just not as quickly as if they were ideally listed. And from dealing with Hippostcard at the time they were moved I had over 18,000 that ideally needed to have the back scans added BUT even though I have not gone back to do that over half have sold in the last 6 years. I just don't the time to go back and take about 40 hours just to rescan the backs and then edit them to make them ideal.

Anyways, I do understand that it's a bit of a headache but it shouldn't really take anymore than about an hour if you use the proper tools to fix it. But you would have to talk to some one who can walk you through it.
  • Michael Duehr, we have more than 4,000,000 stamps to list. And when you have to continue to babysit listings that were listed in the past truely defeats the purpose of listing more online, knowing that one just might have to revisist past listings, vice focusing on the true job at hand, which is to clean up the clutter in my house of 4 Million stamps located in at least 4 rooms in our house!

The bottom line is we have to focus on going forward than continuously looking in the rearview mirror for repairs needed to be taken, which were already done once before, when listed.

And for the Used in our titles, well to me it seems as though that was a waste of time from the get-go, and we have been focused on removing that from our titles.

I'd rather focus my time on the quality we bestow towards our Customers! Our feedback reflects that (once you are able to look over all of those automated 45 day responces (which I do LOVE!)). And we do this by adding one listing at a time.

We reside in a rural location (In The Middle of No Where, Saskatchewan!). Hence we do not have the fastest internet on the planet. Nor do we intend to see any inprovements in my lifetime.

Thanks Michael (and all others) for your wonderful assistance in trying to make this a better place for all to discover!
  • All I am trying to do is tell up there is faster of fixing them than by doing them online. (The CSV files can be used offline when you're working with them. You only have to be online to upload and download them otherwise.)

The problem is when you remove the word used from the title, people can NOT find your used stamps if they use the key word search in your store. When you use the word used in the key word search in your store only a bit over 9,700 listings show up because you don't have the word used in the title. (If they don't see it they won't buy it.) And secondly if you the word used in the title and if for some reason you forget to use the condition box on the listing form, Hipstamp will read it from the title and put it under the condition that you put in the title. (I know because I use the bulk lister and I never use the condition column in the file and Hipstamp puts it into the correct condition because it's reading it from the title.)
  • You can choose not to use the word "Used" (or any other condition) in your titles, but your stamps will be "lost" to many potential buyers. While they will show up, when no condition is entered in a search, once a potential buyer enters a condition, they will be lost, unless they choose "not specified". Personally I doubt most buyers specify that condition when narrowing their search.

I know it is time consuming to make these changes, but I have found that it is worthwhile. Stamps that hadn't sold for years, suddenly sell when I have them corrected the listing. I know your feeling of wanting to list your 4,000,000 plus inventory. I have more than twice that amount waiting, but I feel it's a good investment of my time to make the corrections, especially on my more valuable stamps. I use the CSV option as suggested on my less valuable stamps, but not on my better stamps where I prefer a more "hands on" approach.

As far as speed, I wish I had 9. Mine is closer to 5 from AT&T. Fortunately another company is coming into my area this summer. I can't wait. Back to filling orders and then on to some more corrections and/or listings. Never enough time in the day.
  • Interesting information Michael! I do know that back in the good ole' BidStart days, I was allowed to enter in this beautiful LONG WINDED STORY, which I copied & pasted into each of my 38,000 listings back in the day. HipStamp is not as forgiving as BidStart was, so a lot of the character was removed from my storylines, and so now it is just meaningless to read. I'm sure we still have over 5000 listings with this long winded story, but slowly they get purchased, and I do an edit for the copies that remain online (WELL, when I remember to go back and edit the other ones!). I did DNLD my CSV file to edit that grunge out, but it is so painful doing so.

I just might DNLD today's CSV and check it out again.

But, that wouldn't find if a listing is used or unused this way, other than I could DNLD only the listings with missing (or deleted) Conditions (Used / Unused). At least I would have an itemized list of stamps that still require ANOTHER recheck! And I'm not getting any younger either!

I'll run your suggestions by Andrea (I know she'll kick my ass, because of the amount of time I took to remove USED or Used from our titles!!!) D'Oh!...

Hi there, John! As you can see, I just did a Speed Test. Sure SUCKS around here! Looks like I forgot to include that DECIMAL POINT! D'Oh!...

And yes, like I shared with Michael, I think it is best for the Customer to have a better avenue to search, and let's face it, I guess this is why I did this in the first place! Oh well... And who was that knucklehead who said...

Change Is Good?... Ya, Right!... Oh well, eh!... D'Oh! Yet another Hommer in the day in the life of myself...

Have a wonderful day, Guys (& Gals) !

Michael
  • Well Michael! That was a near disaster to say the least!
    I DNLD'd 149 items from Europe with no condition. I edited the field AI to reflect "Used". I then uploaded the file to the system, and it ADDED the amended list as if they were NEW Listings! Oh No!

After my PANIC!!! I was able to delete each of those newly added listings. Now to figure how to properly EDIT my DNLD CSV file so it can be sent back to the system to be properly generated as EDITS and not New Listings!

What a dammed headache!

Any thoughts what I may have done wrong? BTW, the upload CSV page is really retarded to say the least. I don't recall that information when in the past I did Bulk Uploads. Might be just too confusing, and I overlooked something.

To add flames upon the raging inferno here, my Wife's computer just wipped her clean from it! No Documents, No Pictures! Of course they are still there, everything is just out of sight from her now! Goodness Sakes.
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    You need to change the field mapping templet to "updated existing listings by id" rather than the normal "default" setting.
  • Thanks John, but how do I do that? (Yikes!)...

Thanks in advance! (HELP!)...
  • Is that information in the upload page?
  • When you download the CSV files from Hipstamp, those contain all the information that Hipstamp uses for all of your listings including all the default info. If you did decide to go back and use a CSV file to upload listings, you don't need to use the advanced file, I use the basic file which only has 6 columns. (A lot of the information is picked up from your default settings so it's not needed to upload new listings.) After using it for almost 5 years now, with the amount of listings I have to add, I would never go back to doing it 1 at a time outside of a few items now. (Even though I am not a good typist I can still get up to about 300 done in a hour depending on what I am listing.

Hang in there Michael, it should get better. (It's just at times some of the stuff can be pain the rear end to deal with)
    We will survive.
  • Michael, how do you associate your images with your listings?

What I remember doing in the past was to upload a Bulk CSV, and go back to each image and upload their images (one at a time), and carry on to the next listing. etc...

Is there a faster (more intelligent method)?

Oh, and I have attempted to locate some of those Not Specified's (where we know we specify the item condition as we do our one by one's).

I agree... We will survive! (LOL...)

Michael
  • You don't have to do that anymore. You have to bulk upload your images BEFORE you upload the CSV file. Use the same number for your image as your private ID. (You just have make sure that you have a way to notate the private ID with the stamp. I just go in numerical order which makes a bit easier to list that way.) After I get done scanning for the day, I downloaded Microsofts file renamer in which I can rename hundreds of pictures in about 1 minute or 2. (It's really simple to use.) I just start off with the number I left off with when I rename the files. (I also keep my stock that is listed in that order so I don't have to take time to file them under country.

A lot of my stamps are in 102 cards and I made up my own way to label the 102 cards with the private ID. (The most inexpensive material is keep in stock books so I use a different numbering system for those I can find them.) I print the labels off cut them in half and then just stick those to the upper left corner of the 102 cards. (I don't cover the opening of the 102 card.) I just double check the number with the picture to make sure I didn't miss scanning one of the stock cards.

When I write the listings up because I am using the Private ID's in numerical order, all I have to do then is type the first number into the image column, highlight the first number hold the mouse button down and scroll down the page. Once I get to the end of the listings. Then I go up the the upper right and there is a box that has a little blue arrow in it. click that box and that is a fill function. Under that function you can fill that column by series, you don't have to type all the numbers in the image column that way. (Less changes of making a mistake that way.) After doing that just copy it and paste in the private ID column. (You will have to highlight that column)

To be able to get the pictures to come up correctly you will have to add this {{private_id}}.jpg
    to the images line under field mapping, if you use the private IDs as your picture numbers. Before you upload the file, there is a box that says save settings. (Type in a name that you would know that it's your file name.) Hipstamp will save that template and the next time you go to upload a file, under Field Mapping Template click on it and your template will be there and just keep using that one instead of the default. (If you do that you don't deal with the picture names as much.)

That's why I won't go back to doing them one at time anymore. (It just takes too long at this time.)

Anyways I found the link for the tutorial on how to use the bulk lister which is listed below

https://help.hipecommerce.com/support/solutions/articles/14000108752-how-to-use-the-bulk-lister-
  • a) Good thing! A couple years back we FINALLY figured out how to use the Private ID's! And yes, as we scan our images, they are saved as the Private ID #. So that part is good to go! Same here... Numerical ID's (51550 is the last number I'm working on). Para #1 Complete. I don't even have to renumber them, as they are saved this way from the scanner's bed.

b) Once our stamps have been sorted, identified & SC #, they are then housed in 102B's as well. I made flats where they are housed, ready for an upload to the system. Once scanned, they are returned to their 102B cards. Once uploaded to HipStamp, they are then sent to their final home with their Private ID, in ascending order. I always screw up my numbers! LOL, Andrea gets really pissed with me, more than I get pissed with her mistakes! Dyslexia (SP).

c) I'll have to re-read PARA 3 over again, as it was mud to me. Maybe I'll get it, maybe not. There are always other ways to explain things, eh!... Oh welll... D'Oh!...

d) Ya, Para 4 is as good as Para 3! clear as MUD! Well, since I have never worked with this concept before, it will take some time to understand.

I'm just hoping that the URL you shared will clean up the murky waters.

I will share that when I woke up this morning, I was NOT expecting to even travel down this path! And well, it looks like I have to find my hiking boots for a real big trek ahead! Wish me luck, Guys! (And Gals!)...

Here we go....! P.S. Thanks for sticking with me this far everyone!

Michael
  • YouTube videos are a FANTASTIC tool to work with! Good thinking! My tytpe of language!
  • Michael, looks like my images are not being attached to my listings correctly. Images 51541.jpg - 51550.jpg were uploaded to the Bulk Image Uploader earlier (little over an hour ago). I used your template {{private_id}}.jpg (where private_id = 51541 - 51550). I then edited the CSV file once again, and replaced {{51541}}.jpg with 51541.jpg (etc.).

I still have no images uploaded (Image Not Available). The images should still be in the system, as they are deleted only after 24 hours, from my understanding.

Any ideas?... Thanks
  • I also used the DEFAULT - Update Listings by ID (where ID I hope = private_id). But not too sure on that one. Maybe the system is seeking their item ID of 43976232, etc.???...
  • That is how I do it, @Michael Duehr. When I edit my scans and close the image from my photo editor, I save it with a file name in the format of YYMM_0000. I copy the YYMM_0 and as I save each image I simply paste that and add 001, 002, 003, etc to each subsequent saved image. I put those file names as my Private ID in the CSV file. Then, you don't even need an Image column. In your listing template online, in the Images block, you simply type in {{Private_ID}}.jpg which tells the system to attach the image to this listing which has the file name PrivateID.jpg

Each day you scan you just continue the numbering where you left off. When a new month rolls around you change the YYMM to reflect that and start numbering again at 0001.

This system has the added advantage of allowing you to see at a glance, whether you are looking at your listings, or looking at your actual stamps, when that stamp was listed, and how long it has been languishing unsold.