Deutsches Reich Germania series

IMG_E9987
All

I was recently given a bunch of albums with all sorts of different topical collections. One album was pairs or se-tenants, of which this page was one of.. I am wondering if these Germania stamps are only worth what their individual catalogue value is (little) or is there a premium as a pair. All these pairs I presume were part of a 6-stamp booklet pane, of which have a very nice SCV.

Don

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Being that they are no longer together in a booklet pane, they will not carry any value related to the booklet pane. Scott does not list these stamps as pairs. Michel German Specialized may.
  • edited January 2022 2 LikesVote Down
    I think these are called "zusammendruke", "struck together." They are more often seen in European collections, and I believe Michel does catalog them. Scott only catalogs tete-beche pairs. I think they are wonderfully neat and sooner or later I'll collect them myself.
  • Many German stamp collections formed in Germany have these pairs or other combinations from booklet panes included as part of the collection. Michel gives a very detailed listing and pricing for all the possible combinations in their German specialized catalogs (there a several rather than just one due to the number of issues included). There is a pricing premium over the two individual stamps and the amount depends upon the pair. Pricing for these pairs in Michel is given for Mint, Used, On Cover and First Day Cover.

Another thing that German collectors look for is printing flaws. They have taken fly-specking to a level you would not believe. Many issues right up to the most recent have any consistent printing flaws cataloged and priced. Premiums on these can be from ten times to over one hundred times that of a non-flawed stamp.
  • Don,
    If you have a comperable Swiss page please post it. Thank You.
  • edited January 2022 2 LikesVote Down
  • Mostly of these Germania "zusammendruke" were issued mainly as Booklets named "Markenheftchen" or "MH" but also as complete sheets Germania Markenheftchen
    Germania Markenheftchen Sheet 2
    Germania Markenheftchen Sheet
  • All,

So helpful. I will see if I can grab a cheap Michelle on eBay. Dan, no Swiss pages, only few more DR. I do have one partial booklet (4 stamps), but I gave it away to a young collector with some other stuff:

IMG_E9849
  • The full booklet pane, Scott160a used