HS Overwrite my reversed shipping cost. ??

Due to weight and size, many of my eBay sync listings shipping costs have to be changed.
When I have changed the shipping cost, I notice HS has overwritten and changed my reversed shipping cost back to the shipping cost I have on HS settings. ??

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Trying to figure out what you mean.. You can't charge more than what your listing on HS stated.
  • As example. Listing on eBay . 1 item shipping cost $ 4.oo.
    After eBay item sync to HS. Shipping cost now showing $ 2.85 ( My standard setting on HS shipping charge ) Due to weight and size I change the shipping cost for that specific item on HS to $ 4.00.
    After done the revision/ change on HS, shipping cost now shown as correct $ 4.00.
    The problem after 1-2 days or maybe after the next HS synch from eBay, the item with the correct shipping $ 4.00 has now been reversed by HS to my standard HS setting $ 2.85
  • This has been a problem for a while (sometime after November 3rd).

In my own experience synchronization is copying the "defaults" from some time in the past, it is not even using the current Hipstamp defaults. (which I don't want it to do anyway because each of my lots has different shipping amounts that need to be copied across and were being brought across correctly up until November 3rd.)

I sell a lot of bulk stuff and it is applying very small and very wrong amounts.

I've had a ticket in about this for a couple weeks now, they're working on identifying what is causing it.

It might not hurt for you to put one in too, if enough of us do, it might help escalate the level of severity being applied to getting a fix in place.
  • Ron.. Yes, I already put a ticket in too..

HS response "However, should you want to apply your eBay shipping to all your listings instead, please untick the "Default Shipping Only" on your eBay sync page, then click Save."

After I followed HS directions none of my sync eBay listings since yesterday has shown up on HS.
  • edited February 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    My default shipping was not ever enabled so that had/has them stumped a bit. (and the amounts being applied are not the current defaults anyway they're an earlier version of the defaults)

It seems to take a day or two sometimes for new ones on ebay to show up here.

• Same ongoing problem. eBay shipping cost settings not sync to HS.

HS look like has error/glitz with shipping cost Sync from eBay, when unclick Default Shipping Only.

As from HS information, system should work by unclick: default shipping only, and should overwrite the HS shipping settings and use the Shipping cost settings on the eBay items sync to HS. Not working...

• edited April 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    As I understand the problem as it reflects to me, I list on both .COM and .CA and this confounds the synchronization process regarding shipping translations*.

So my solution is to adopt a standard Hipstamp default shipping amount for all items coming across, which has its own risk and problems but so far it has worked ok. I'm monitoring the "=/-" problems it is causing and will adjust as necessary.

*apparently if I were to synchronize from only one site (.CA or .COM) the shipping translation is supposed to work but that zaps half my items off Hipstamp so I'm preferring to live with the consequences of the standard default shipping instead.
  • Thanks Ron.

I list on Com.

After +_ 2 years of communication with HS and tons of hours spent on the issue,I received the following info from HS.

"When you have these calculated shipping for your listings on eBay, it is not 100 percent guaranteed that we can bring them over to your Hip Listings due to certain features on eBay that Hip may be unable to capture."

So here we got it: Shipping cost eBay sync. Not 100%... guarantee.

My humble advice: When sync list/relist from eBay, check your listed items on HS for correct shipping cost.

• Peter,

And that takes time and time is money.