EBAY SYNCING not working

123457»

Comments

• I received an email from hip saying that ebay sync is working again with some additional step needed just to delete hip sold items from ebay. However, I haven't been able to find any details. Can anyone confirm? Does it work? Does it capture edits made on eBay?
  • edited December 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    LOL, yea... another scam to get people to pay as i did last month for the third time = $30... nothing works .. i just took the additional $10 loss and closed my store here again in protest of being taken for another $10. also notice NOTHING being said in the forums for 6 months on this subject by management? one must assume they do not want to explain to the sellers why this site has no sync.
  • Is the ebay to HipStamp sync working? Posted a couple of stamps on ebay around 5pm yesterday and they still have not come over to HipStamp.
  • I've noticed this problem has been going on for around 4-5 months with zero efforts from hipstamp or eBay to fix it considering it has gone this long highly doubtful they ever gonna fix this perhaps check again in a year like 2023 lol the efforts to help us when in need speaks volumes from they assistance given if anything is said/given in a timely manner but goes ignored List few item's here n expand your business else where clearly since thice place growth is suffering due to lack of leadership programming and staff response time consider selling on Craigslist, Facebook, Macari, Twitter, could even try your luck at making your own web page for your own stamp business beat the middle men save all those fees for your business growth!
  • eBay expired listings, sync on HipStamps still not removed.

From HS support. Nov. 15 2021
    "Thank you for reaching out about this. Please be advised that we recently pushed an update on our eBay Sync feature which should resolve the issue with your listings shortly. "
  • eBay expired listings, sync on HipStamps still not removed.
    From HS Support Nov 15. 2021..."Please be advised that we recently pushed an update on our eBay Sync feature which should resolve the issue with your listings shortly."

Dec 6 2022..Still not solved. Ended listing on eBay not removed on HS
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    I didn't notice Robert's message until a couple days ago, in my case new listings on eBay and closed listings on eBay quit being reflected on Hipstamp on December 31st. I used the "contact us" to let the Hipstamp support folks know. I received several prompt messages/replies and updates over the last 2 days and as of this morning, mine are being reflected properly in Hipstamp again both newly listed eBay items and sold eBay items. (as has been the case since September I have to manually delete eBay items on eBay that sell here, it looks like that will be ongoing but it has been workable for me)
  • Sorry, I never posted a follow-up. I contacted support and they told me there was something wrong with my sync. Not sure if it was just for me or other sellers were having the same problem. The issue has been resolved.

Thanks,
    Bob Parkin
  • It's been almost a month since any responses in this thread. Is eBay sync back to fully functional in both directions or is it still just a one-direction sync?
  • As far as I know eBay synchronizing to Hipstamp is working regarding items being listed and closed on ebay being reflected here (with delays sometimes of day(s) for newly listed items). They are being accurately reflected for me at least.

However, my individualized shipping costs are not coming across correctly from eBay, it does not look like they ever will 100% accurately anymore, but I am an anomaly to the normal sellers here (single stamps to boxlots of same posting on both .CA and .COM). I am working with the support folks to figure out the best way to maximize my accurate listings here whilst minimizing the work for me to manage shipping rate discrepancies.

It is my understanding that the reverse synchronization from Hipstamp to eBay is not going to automagically work "ever" but I could be wrong about that. At least for me I have to manually close anything on eBay that sells here. Fortunately for me I don't sell 100s of small items so that is manageable for me.
  • Ron, would like to know how you go about deleting on EBAY, those items sold on Hip. There are several ways to find a specific lot on EBAY but all, except one that I am aware of do not allow the user to delete an item. That method requires one to manually search the active listings list. That list is not in any faithful alphabetic order, and using the EBAY item # supposedly listed in sequence is no good most of time because the sequences are not faithful. Any tricks you have I would appreciate you sharing.
  • edited February 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Hi Cliff! What I do is cut the ebay item number from the Hipstamp "sale notification" email message I get, go to the active listings tab on the ebay seller hub, use the drop down to change the search to Item Number (default says item title) paste the item number in and search. Once it finds the item one of the drop down options for the item is to "end the listing" that is all one needs to do. I always double check my ebay unsold ended list to make sure it took and that it shows up there as ended. Hope that helps!
  • edited February 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Be careful when you end an item and mark it as a listing error or else eBay will charge you a FVF for the item.
    One of the many reasons I left eBay after 22 years of selling on there.
  • Hi Bill! Simply ending a BIN (buy it now) item does not incur any fees (one doesn't have to add a reason it is simply ended). Ending the way I suggest above is the same way the automagic Hipstamp process used to do it. My understanding of fees being applied is in situations where the "bots" think and item was ended to avoid fees, ie buyer asks a question about an item and it is subsequently closed by the seller without a sale, but there might be other reasons why that would happen, or did in the past. It hasn't happened to me so I can't say much about that aspect.
  • Hi Ron, thanks for the response!
  • It happened to me once back a number of years ago when I tried to end an item that I sold. That was after Doughnut Hole took over as CEO and before my eBay sales started dropping. Could not remember if any one had asked about the item but I was using Blackthorne (which later became Six-Bit) to list so I just ended anything using my listing tool.
  • Another eBay sync problem.
    When checking received sync listings, HS has changed several of the sync listings from English to Spanish..??